The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

Meeting with a Future... Husband?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andromeda Black

Andromeda Black

Meeting with a Future... Husband? Empty
PostSubject: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:17 am

Andromeda walked into the small Cafe, her robes sweeping against the ground and her hair swinging behind her as she walked. She had just returned from her flat after receiving a most disturbing owl from her parents. She had left her flat in rage and decided that a good walk would calm her down. Drea wasn't fast enough, so she didn't follow Andromeda as she usually did. Andromeda didn't care though. She needed fresh air and time to think.

Thinking that a calm cafe would be the best place to cool off after pacing the streets of Diagon Alley, Andromeda sat down at one of the small tables toward the back. She shrugged out of her robes, revealing a pale green sun dress. It was nice outside, but that still didn't stop Andromeda from bringing her best robes. She was a Black, after all.

Spotting a waiter, Andromeda waved him over. She then ordered tea and leaned against the seat of her chair. She couldn't believe her parents, yet at the same time she wasn't surprised in the least. Andromeda knew running away wouldn't work. Her parents eventually caught up with her.

As a reaction to the bell on the door chiming, Andromeda's head snapped up. Only to find the last person on the planet that she wanted to see at the moment.

Last edited by Andromeda Black on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexius Acerbant

Alexius Acerbant

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:38 am

Alexius figured that the only thing that could clear his mind after his parents' owl was get some fresh air and walk around the Diagon Alley. He had heard Icarus tapping on his window just this morning. The owl carried an envelope and Alexius regretted opening it.

What made his parents think that they had the right to set him up in an arranged marriage? Oh, right, the fact that they were Purebloods.

He stormed into Broomstix, the bell on the door violently chiming. Alexius' eyes narrowed at the sight of Andromeda Black. He stalked past her and sat at a table close to, but far away from, the young woman. He glared at her, though he really didn't know why; it wasn't her fault that his parents and hers agreed to arrange their marriage. But he needed someone to blame and be angry at, and, right now, that was Andromeda.
Back to top Go down
Andromeda Black

Andromeda Black

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:44 am

Noticing Alexius fuming, Andromeda automatically knew that he had also received the same owl from his parents. Andromeda thought that he would come over and talk with her. Make the best out of the shitty situation they were in. But, no, apparently he found the need to glare and act like a child. Andromeda scoffed at his temper. Andromeda didn't remember him being this childish during their school years. But, while Andromeda hung out with the popular group, she stayed mostly to herself.

Deciding that she couldn't just be in the same room as her fiancee and not talk to him, Andromeda stood up and walked over to his table.

She pulled out the seat across him from and sat down, a tight smile on her face. "Pleasure to see you again Alexius." Andromeda said politely, keeping her face blank. Her parents had spent years making sure she was the perfect Pureblood child. Every Black went through training. Andromeda was pleasantly surprised to see how handy it was.

Last edited by Andromeda Black on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alexius Acerbant

Alexius Acerbant

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:58 am

Alexius held his face in his hands; he never expected his parents to force him into marriage. Sometimes he wondered if they were even his parents, seeming how he was so different compared to them, both in personality and looks. His parents were sardonic and cruel, while, though he was also rather sardonic, Alexius was definitely not cruel, just overly sarcastic and opinionated. Siobhan, Alexius' mother, was blonde with sharp features, as was Gawain, his father.

How he was even their son, he had no clue.

He quietly sighed as his fiancee sat across him. Alexius immediately changed his expression to a false smile. "Ah, but the pleasure is mine, Dear Andromeda." He took Andromeda's hand and kissed it softly, as was custom. "How are you? It's been a while, hasn't it?"

Alexius waited for Andromeda to reply and caught a waiter's attention. After asking for a cup of black coffee, he turned back to the young woman.
Back to top Go down
Andromeda Black

Andromeda Black

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:04 am

Andromeda had to fight to keep the smile on her face after he kissed her hand. She despised how formal they had to act. Especially in public. But, being the Pureblood she was, Andromeda tilted her head down slightly, letting a common blush to rise to her cheeks. That was, yet again, another skill that her mother had taught her. Unfortunately useful when it came to situations like this.

"I am well." Andromeda replied smoothly. "It would be safe to assume that you are well, yes?" Andromeda smiled when the waiter handed her the tea she ordered after taking Alexius' order. "That it has. I haven't seen you since Hogwarts." Andromeda knew that if she went to all the galas and gatherings that her mother and father held, that it would be inevitable that she would run into him. She had narrowly avoided those parties though. Now, Andromeda doubted she would be able to miss those gatherings.
Back to top Go down
Alexius Acerbant

Alexius Acerbant

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Alexius' mask of happiness nearly fell after he kissed her hand. Formal greetings disgusted him, especially with having to kiss random people's hands or rings or anything for that matter. He watched as Andromeda blushed, knowing that there was no way that she could be embarrassed or flattered.

"I'm pleased that you are well," he responded in a voice like silk. "Yes, I'm also well." He watched as a waiter handed Andromeda her tea; the smell of it wafted toward his nostrils and he took in the scent. It smelled like Earl Grey. "Hogwarts. It's been two years since graduating there for me. How long has it been for you, Andromeda?"

He sighed as the waiter came back with his coffee. "Excellent," he muttered. "So from what I heard from my parents this morning, you're betrothed- to me." He bristled for a moment and softened. "Let's just try to make the best of this engagement, shall we?" He sipped the scalding hot coffee and it burned his throat slightly. He made no move to take the mug away from his lips, however. He took another sip to get used to the burning sensation. It felt good for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Andromeda Black

Andromeda Black

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Andromeda remember her Hogwarts years. How they didn't need to act so formal. Where they could be themselves. Andromeda missed those years. And she missed a certain Ted... But, those days were gone and Andromeda was engaged. It didn't matter that she would probably be unhappy. If he treated her right, which it seemed like he would, then she was thankful. She was lucky.

Nodding at his response, Andromeda inwardly cringed at how forced the conversation was. "It's been a year. I graduated last year." Andromeda replied, not surprised he didn't remember how old she was. Everyone she was close with in her schooling years were selfish. That was just the way they all were. Andromeda wasn't any different.

"Yes, I heard that from my parents as well." Andromeda muttered softly in reply as she sipped her tea. She had ordered chai, but they gave her Earl Grey. She sighed. "Yes, lets." Andromeda agreed, strangely grateful that he was at least trying to be civil. She just hoped that he would allow her to keep her job. Husbands had control over their wives, so Andromeda-- the minute she married him, would be in his control.

That thought frightened her.
Back to top Go down
Alexius Acerbant

Alexius Acerbant

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:05 pm

Alexius wondered whether or not Andromeda would be a good wife. Knowing her, she would be. She was rather loyal to those she loved- but she didn't love him, he reminded himself- and was a spitfire during her Hogwarts years. Not to mention she was beautiful. That was always a bonus, right? He actually lucked out on this engagement. He could have been engaged to either one of her sisters, so this was much better than it could have been.

"Ah. So you're eighteen then? My apologies, I've forgotten. It's been so long," he said, placing his hand on his forehead. "It's good to see you, though. We should talk about our engagement and be civil about it. I wasn't civil earlier, I know, and for that I apologize."

"Well, at least they told you. How were you told? Did they send you an owl at five in the morning to wake you up with incessant tapping?" Alexius asked darkly. "We'll have to work out the kinks, though, get to know each other too. I'll start with that. What have you been doing since you graduated from Hogwarts?" He hadn't done much at all; he just lived off of his parents' wealth, which was, to most, disgraceful, but he was working on getting a job. It was harder than he thought.

Alexius wondered what their marriage would be like. Would they have children? Would they have a loving marriage, unlike his own parents'? Or perhaps would they fight so often that one of them cracked and murdered the other? Morbid, yes, but it was in his head. Only in his head, right?
Back to top Go down
Andromeda Black

Andromeda Black

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Andromeda smiled gracefully. "It's fine. We were never really close during our Hogwarts years." Andromeda said, her voice sweet like sugar. Hearing his apologizes, Andromeda resisted the urge to smirk. "That's fine. I understand how much of a shock it was. If I hadn't went for a walk, I would've been acting the same." Andromeda only said that to reassure him that she wasn't angry. Andromeda knew that, no matter how angry she was, she would've been civil. That was just the way she was raised.

Hearing his comment, Andromeda laughed and actual laugh. "More like six, but yes. They used the family how to send me a Howler. That was pleasant." Andromeda bemusedly replied. Andromeda was very glad to find out that he wanted to get to know her. That made her feel like they were actually trying to get along. "Well, I got a job at Magical Menageries. The owner was too old and needed to hand her shop down to someone. So, I own the shop now." Andromeda stated. "How about you Alex? I may call you Alex, yes?"

Andromeda 's mind lingered over her mother's Howler. She had said that she wanted them to have children. Andromeda wasn't opposed to the thought, but she wanted to be in love with someone before that happened. While Alex seemed polite and was quite attractive, she didn't know if she would fall in love with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting with a Future... Husband?   Meeting with a Future... Husband? Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting with a Future... Husband?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Broomstix-
Jump to: