The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

Checking Out The Merchandise

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

Checking Out The Merchandise Empty
PostSubject: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 pm

James felt as though he was physically drawn to the Quidditch store as soon as he stepped into Diagon Alley. He wasn't complaining though. He walked with purpose, being mindful not to knock down old ladies or sidekick small children as he beelined to the store. He had several hours until his parents would come looking for him, plenty of time to spend eyeing broomsticks and accessories far beyond anything his parents would let him buy. He could try and persuade them though...

James pushed open the door and stepped through, his senses already capturing the essence of Quality Quidditch Supplies. The sight of the freshly polished handles, the smell of the bristles from the brooms and the entire awesomeness of the place. James wondered if the store would object terribly if he just lived there forever.

He started from one end of the store, determined to peruse everything the place had to offer. He had a limited amount of gold with him (James' parents knew he would head to the store and were mindful of the amount of money they gave him for that reason) so he knew he had to spend it wisely. James would have spent the entire lot but needed money left over to buy his school supplies afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 3:51 pm

He trudged through the myraid of human beings that threatened to run him over. But he wasn't going to let them win, he was determined to make his way out of the crowd to a safe corner of Diagon Alley. Preferably closer to Quality Quidditch Supplies, the shop he had made all this journey for in the first place. Though he had told his parents a different story, saying that he was heading for the bookstore, but they could careless. Especially when Bella, Andromeda and Cissy were over. They forgot that they had a son, let alone two of them. With his hands in his coat, he made his way towards the shop, stopping short when he saw the newest broomstick in the window of the store. He could stand there all day, admiring its beauty, but that was exactly what he didn't have. As soon as his cousins were gone, he was sure that Walburga would send Orion to look for him.

Heading for the front door, he pushed it open, taking in the scent of the beautiful shop. Unfortunately he really couldn't buy a broomstick, for two reasons. One, he gathered juggling through his pockets, he didn't have enough galleons on him for the buy. And secondly, he was a first year - it would be no use to get it just yet. Especially with his crazy mother on his case every minute of the hour.

With a glance around the shop, he couldn't help his gaze returning to the broomstick that lay displayed in the window. Sirius' smile grew bigger, and he ordered his feet to get moving.

Placing his hands on the window, he stared at the beauty, confident that one day it was going to be his.
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:03 pm

James' head turned when he heard the bell indicating the shop store had been opened. He recognised the newcomer by face, but his name didn't come immediately to mind. James assumed that the two of them had been introduced at some function that his parents had held one time or another. He was always bumping into kids he had met from there. More often than not, they were the most fascinating part about those little rendezvous. He wasn't interesting in all the 'Muggles this and Muggles that' that the guests often had loads to talk about. His parents didn't care all that much, and neither, James was proud to say, did he.

"That's a beauty, that one. Haven't got two Knuts to scratch together, personally. Merlin knows how I begged though," James said casually as he stood next to the black haired boy by the window.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:27 pm

"That's a beauty, that one. Haven't got two Knuts to scratch together, personally. Merlin knows how I begged though".

Before even turning to look towards the stranger that had just joined him, Sirius nodded slowly, unable to still take his eyes off the broomstick. "A beauty it is," he smiled into the window before the bones of his neck finally allowed his head move to the direction of the newcomer. It was a boy, he gathered rather quickly, one that seemed too familiar, but he just couldn't find the name that matched the features of the boy.

"I'd be heading for Gringotts right this moment, if it weren't for the Goblins and their wishy washy business about owning a key".
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:34 pm

James smiled, thinking that life would definitely be a better place if Gringotts weren't so wishy washy about owning a key among other things.

"Ah yes. Their wishy washy ways of wanting to incase us in levels upon levels of solid rock if we so much as breathe a word about stealing, is somewhat of a downer too." James was still staring straight ahead at the broomstick by the window as he spoke, but turned his body towards the boy afterwards, thinking that introductions might be a good idea. Manners and all that.

"James Potter," he said, extending his hand to the slightly taller boy. He'd at least be able to put a name to the familiar face.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Sirius allowed himself to chuckle, returning his gaze back to the broomstick, "Oh and their wishy washy ways of hiding blind dragons in the vaults just so that if someone does get in, they can't get out alive". Sirius wasn't sure how much of that was true, but he had heard that as a young child. "Never try to steal from Gringotts, or you will die". Those were the exact words his parents would use on him, knowing that they were enough to scare him. But now that he was a little older, the idea of it thrilled him. Not the stealing, of course, but the idea of fooling the oh-so-smart Goblins that the bank held.

Sirius this time moved his whole body to face James Potter, taking the boy's outstretched hand and shaking it, "Sirius Black the third," he smiled, having the habit of always saying his full name at every first meeting.

Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:24 am

James shook the boys outstretched hand, eyebrows slightly raised at the 'the third' addition to his name. James was never one for titles. If he thought about it, he was probably the second or perhaps third James Potter within his family, but he didn't think it necessary to have a title about it.

"Fancy," James said, with a smile to suggest to the boy that he wasn't being scathing. James really shouldn't be surprised by the boys title of a name. He was a Black after all; they had a prestige to live up to. James wondered if he was attending Hogwarts this year as well. He looked about the same age, but looks could be deceiving. James figured he'd just ask him to ease the wondering.

"Hogwarts this year?" he questioned and then proceeded to answer his own question. "I am. Super excited about it too."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:38 am

"Mouthful? Tell me about it," he said, noticing the boy raise his eyebrows, "That wasn't my full name, so count yourself lucky," he joked. So he was a Potter, his parents always said that they were Purebloods all through their generations; he supposed that if they both were to befriend each other, maybe his mother would let low on his case. Though this James Potter wasn't all too bad, not the usual type of child you'd expect from a family that was so 'pure'.

The topic of Hogwarts was enough to distract him from his thoughts, and a sudden form of excitement filled him, "First year at Hogwarts man, it's the only thing that's kePt me from surviving this past summer. It's a dream come true, a whole year away from my orthodox parents". At that Sirius allowed himself to wholeheartedly grin at the other boy.
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:07 pm

The smile on James' face grew to a grin at the 'count yourself lucky' comment. He didn't know what it was about the boy, but something led him to believe that they would be friends.

"That's great. I'm a First year as well. My folks won't tell me anything about the sorting though. Bloody annoying, if you ask me. I just hope that we don't have to do any real magic. The only thing I've managed to do is make my house elf's hair a violent green colour once. Wasn't entirely my fault though. Wrong place at the wrong time."

James didn't fail to notice the grin that sported the boys face at the mention of escaping his parents. James felt somewhat the same, but knew that he'd probably end up missing them at some point.

"I guess you're hoping for Slytherin then," James said as more of a statement than a question. The Black's were notorious for being from the Slytherin house, just as his family were more often than not from the House of Gryffindor.

"I think I'd want to leave if I was placed in Slytherin, no offense."

Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Sirius was amused by the boy, who didn't know the procession of the Sorting Hat? He had grown up listening to the stories of his parents and then his cousins. His mother had always been one to brag about the Black family being sorted into Slytherin, it was the pride of the family. But he'd much rather be sorted into another house, though he was sure that like any other family member, he'd follow their steps. Maybe it was best that he left the sorting secret, who was he to be a spoilt sport?

"I suppose you're right, we Blacks are known for our ability to be sorted into the Slytherin house," he chuckled, "But I'm sure that whatever House it is, it'd be the better then the one my mum currently resides in".
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:29 pm

James couldn't ignore the bitterness in the boy's voice as he spoke about his family; his mother in particular. He had a feeling that the best thing he could do right now was change the subject. James racked his brain for a safe subject matter and was throughly pleased with what his mind settled on. Quidditch; always a safe bet.

"How shocking are Cannons playing this year, hey? I'd be too ashamed to even admit I'm a fan. Puddlemere man myself. Whole family have been for ages. What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:44 pm

The boy had timing, he had to him give him that, and the longer Sirius spent his time in the boys presence, the more confident he became about being friends on a long term basis. Too sad that it might have to end soon - being in different Houses wasn't going to do good on their friendship. That is if they moved onto that.

And the fact that James had changed the subject to Quidditch, he could kiss him for it. "I say that the Canons pack up and leave if they know what's best for them, especially with Puddlemere in the strong this year," he smiled, "Another Puddlemere at your service, though my family would say different, being Arrows themselves".
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:14 pm

"Urgh. They really should. It's an embarrassment to even have to play against them. They're practically just a team to train against. Not even worth a place on the ladder. Even Arrows are having their bad run of luck, but good to hear you, at least, have some barracking sense!" James exclaimed, presenting his knuckles to Sirius to fist pump.

"Dad promised that he'd take me to a game over the Christmas holidays. I'm super pumped for that. You should come with!" James grinned at the prospect of having another Puddle fan to shout encouragements down at.

"You should see my room at home. You can't look anywhere without seeing gold and blue colouring every where!"
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:31 pm

"Man are you kidding? It's my lifes motto to do the complete opposite of my parents, though Puddlemere has been my team since as long as I can remember," he grinned, returning the fist punch. It was safe to say that being a member of a Black family, the tickets for such occasions were sent to the house, though it'd be great to have a different companion this year, especially one that had taste.

Patting James' back, Sirius winked, "Lets call it a date shall we?"

Though the boy had to do a double take when James said the next few words, "Are you by any chance a long lost brother? You'd be on all fours if you saw my house, the rest of the house resembles my family's love for the Arrows, but one step into my room, and you'd forget your love for any other team that isn't blue and gold".
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:47 pm

James side stepped out of Sirius' pat, jokingly. "I don't know about that!" he exclaimed, laughing. James didn't know much about dating, but he was sure that was definitely not what him and Sirius were going to the Quidditch match to do. He had a feeling dating involved an uncomfortable amount of sitting around in Madame Puddifoots; a place James swore he'd never enter whilst he still had free will and a good pair of legs to run with.

"Are you by any chance a long lost brother?"

James laughed again, something that he was doing an awful lot. "I was thinking the same thing. Good thing we run into each other, hey? Hogwarts would have been a right bore otherwise."

Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:57 pm

Sirius chuckled when James reacted exactly how he has expected him to regarding the 'date'. Though to be honest, he would have done the same, he wasn't going to do any such thing as dating for as long as he could avoid it. The idea of having to be the entertainment for a girl was not the best way he would like to spend an afternoon, let alone any time of the day. He was glad that he had chosen to make this trip to Diagon Alley that day, he had another thing to look forward to.

"Its awesome I say," he stopped suddenly, before speaking up again, "You going to try out for the Quidditch team? And what position? Personally, I'd go for Keeper".

Last edited by Sirius Black on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:08 pm

James threw his hands up in the air out of mock outrage, but more so due to the mention of House Teams. James couldn't wait until he was old enough to get a spot on the team. A load of crock first years aren't allowed try out, it is.

"What a question! Shame on you to even think I wouldn't!" James exclaimed, shaking his head slowly, to keep up the act of being shocked to the core. He let the act drop quickly though, eager to comment on Sirius' next statement.

"I commend the choice of Keeper, though I think I'd prefer the role of Chaser! A little more exciting and my dad was a Chaser back in the day. I think I'd like to do him proud." Though James' parents never would think negatively about him being in any other house, James still can see how much they want him in Gryffindor, something James is more than happy to oblige to.

"Too bad we can't even try out this year. So stupid."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:38 am

Quidditch.

He wondered what his father would say if he was chosen into the team. Though he guessed there would be some competition, especially if he was a Slytherin. He was sure that money mattered more then actual talent, that's what he always understood from all the times that his father talked about being in the team. But for him it was more of the thrill of bring in competition based on talent. That was what a true Quidditch player was, and one of the reasons his mother was scared that he'd break tradition and be sorted into another house.

Everytime that his cousins decided to visit, he knew that a lecture was in the coming. Don't do this, don't do that. Be a man not a coward. It was enough to make his head in. But recently he had been trying to ignore them, disappear from the house and come down to Diagon Alley, pretending that he had forgotten something.

"Load of bull I say," he put back, "Though it's a good thing in my opinion, once we do try out, they wouldn't know what hit them".
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:40 am

James tilted his head, thinking about the positive swing the boy placed on their predicament.

"I suppose you're right. We might even be able to 'borrow' a couple of school brooms to practice with," James replied happily. He glanced at the brand new prototypes in the window.

"They'll be nothing on these brooms though. I reckon I could walk faster than what the school will have to practise with. Can't be too picky, I guess."

Just the thought of being able to practise with someone his own age, had James feeling elated. He had practised Quidditch before, of course, but only with his father, or occasionally, his older cousins. James knew that Sirius would be an excellent adversary to hone his own skills against.

Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:07 am

"Something is better then nothing, my dear friend," Sirius said warmly, "And hopefully this time next year, they'd have a new broomstick, much faster then that one," gesturing towards the window. Pulling his eyes away from the new broomstick, Sirius finally allowed himself to take a proper look at the shop, naming the prototypes that caught his eye.

"Now tell me, James, is there anything else other than Quidditch that you're looking forward to?" he asked, knowing that the first thing he'd do was take a trip around the castle, trying to find the secret passages his father had always talked about. It had always been one of the many things on his to-do list, not like he had one though.
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 am

James nodded, completely agreeing. He'd go stir crazy if he didn't at least have something to practise with.

"Yeah!" James exclaimed. "I suppose I should start hounding my folks for a broom now, so they are not so surprised when I want a new one so abruptly later on. Give em' time to think about it and all." James really didn't need to worry so much about that. He had his parents wrapped around his little finger. James was sure that when the time came, he'd have the best broom of the time to try out for the team on.

James grinned at the taller boy. "Oh yeah. Checked out the joke shop yet?" James said with a laugh. "I have a feeling I'll be spending my entire shopping allowance in that store. So many possibilities, so little time."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 am

Sirius knew how that was, although his mother was always quick to bicker with him; his father was always quick to buy anything he ever wanted. It would be accurate to say that he was a spoilt child, and so owning the fastest broomstick wasn't a task. A word, and it was sure to be beside the nape of his bed by morning.

"James Potter, you indeed are my long lost brother; that shop is my home, much more then the one my parents reside in," he quirked, "I've already planned on how I'm going to snoop those things into the walls of Hogwarts, depending on the type of security it has in store for us".
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 am

James ran his hand through his shaggy black hair as he thought about the security problem. He didn't know much about the type of security the school had in place and wondered how'd the two of them would go smuggling in all sorts of pranking materials. James' mind flashed to the Invisibility cloak that his dad had often entertained him with as a child, and he wondered if he could sneak it to Hogwarts with him. James had the feeling that his dad wouldn't let him have the thing, but he could dream. Oh, the possibilities of mischief making would be endless.

"Yeah, that might be difficult, seeing as it's a magical school. I bet they have all sorts of ways to detect trouble making." James pouted slightly, wanting his first year to go off with a bang... Literally.

He shrugged nonchalantly, brushing off the doubt. "I'm sure we'll think of a way," James said enthusiastically. "Besides I have a feeling that between the two of us, that school won't know what hit them!"
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:57 pm

"I completely agree with you on that," Sirius agreed warmly, "Though I'd have to say that just because it is a magical school, there are sure to be some loopholes". Sirius wondered whether the two would stay friends if infact he was placed in Slytherin. It was sure to have some type of limit on their friendship, and he guessed that there would be quite alot of bullying also.

Sighing, the boy looked up, "You have a curfew? Or are you free to stay and chat for a bit longer?" He wasn't in a rush to get back home, cause he knew what was awaiting him there, and the longer he stayed out of Walburga's way, the better it was for the two. Especially when the only faces he'd be seeing back would be of his parents; little brother; and their nasty old house-elf, Kreacher.
Back to top Go down
James Potter
First Year
James Potter

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:09 pm

James nodded. Loopholes were his speciality. Depending on how his parents worded things, James could get away with anything. That might be due to the 'wrapped around his finger' part, but James liked to believe he was just cleverer than his folks.

"I'm sure we'll be able to get a few things past the Profs. Can't be that hard, surely."

James almost laughed at the question. He hadn't done any of his shopping yet, so he sure hoped that he wasn't due home. James looked at his wrist before he realised that he wasn't wearing a watch. Stupid.

"Erm, I think I'm fine for a couple more hours. Mum said she'd come and get me from The Leaky at around about 5. What about you? Gotta run, do ya?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking Out The Merchandise   Checking Out The Merchandise Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking Out The Merchandise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Quality Quidditch Supplies-
Jump to: