The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

Should I or shouldn't I?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

Should I or shouldn't I? Empty
PostSubject: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:51 am

Daryl had bypassed this shop each and every year for the sole reason that he didn't particularly like pets. He also didn't have time for them. Not to mention that he couldn't imagine leaving an animal alone with his uncle for any period of time. Luckily, he would be turning seventeen this year and would be able to be of age in the wizarding world.

This year as he was walking past the Magical Menagerie, he actually took the time to stop and actually look inside. Who knew, maybe he would find a pet this year. Canting his head, he looked around the noisy shop full of animals and sighed. An animal could come in handy as a partner, especially if he wanted to be an Auror like he wanted. Now the question was, what animal and would it be worth it?

Maybe he could ask some people that were getting pets or had them to find out the pros and cons? The closest Daryl had ever come to a pet was a goldfish he'd won at a fair which died and his uncle promptly flushed down the toilet. The man had looked at Daryl when he'd cried and asked if he'd rather have it for supper.

Ruffling his hair, he stayed away from the cats recalling Riddler practically dumping her cat on him on the train one year and that experience scarred him for life. Literally. Maybe a dog or a bird? Even a ferret would be a better and useful animal. Crossing his arms he stared at the cages feeling rather lost and uncertain.
Back to top Go down
Miranda Rayne

Miranda Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Miranda had been taking her golden labrador puppy Joe out for a walk and decided to visit the pet shop...
Of course Joe just had to run amok.
"Joe! Get back here!" She called as the silly puppy decided to stop right smack in front of a boy with pink hair.
Miranda however didnt stop. She's always had a problem with stopping once running.
So she crashed into the dog and the two skidded into the guy.
Pushing her baseball cap out of her eyes she blinked.
"Ahhh...Hi. Sorry about that." she said checking Joe.
Joe, silly mutt, was just sitting there almost grinning (if cats can grin then so can he!) and his tongue was lolling ou.
"Oh put it back in joe, no food here." she poked him gently and the dog nuzzled her up while she streched out a hand to the pink haired one.
"Sorry again, I'm Miranda by the way, and this slobbering beast is Joe. Looking for a pet?" the eleven year old asked.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:52 am

Since he was busy thinking, Daryl wasn't expecting to be knocked into and landed on the floor. Looking at the girl where he was sprawled on the floor, he first felt anger, then irritation, then he shook his head with a rueful grin. Still on the floor, Daryl decided he'd stay there for the moment since hopefully the dog would stay put. Sitting crosslegged, he shook the girl's hand.

Smiling a bit teasingly he replied, "Don't worry about it. I'm Daryl and if I make Prefect this year you better watch out."

Laughing, because he was only half joking, the teen grinned up at Miranda and shrugged answering her question. "Not sure really. Never had a pet before. Unless you count a gold fish."

Looking at Joe, Daryl canted his head and frowned. "Not all animals are like that are they, Nari?"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Rayne

Miranda Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Miranda smiled glad he wasnt mad,
"IF you make prefect, IF Daryl." she smirked, Joe started to 'investigate' Daryl by 'quite elegently' pressing his cold wet nose against the boys arm and simply holding it there, staring at his own nose in deep concentration.
Miranda stared before shaking her head.
"No. Joe's just...Special..." More like stupid. Silly dear. she thought fondly.
At the name Nari she simply shrugged and grinned, "I think I might know a good fella for you Lyra." she winked. Then she stood on her tiptoes looking before pointing at a cage of grey kittens. In the corner there was one orange kitten. his black nose was wrinkled and his big eyes were staring at the other kittens before he seemed to smirk and then sneak around behind the other kittens to get a piece of fish and then retreating with it, instead of eating there where he'd have to fight.
"What d'ya think of him? The orange one. I think orange and pink go together nicely." she smirked playfully.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:43 pm

Daryl stared at the dog then shook his head with a chuckle. Standing, he followed the girl and gave her an impish grin when she retaliated calling him Lyra. At least she got what 'd done there. The Hufflepuff prided himself on giving people nicknames and stuffing his hands in his pockets he looked over to where Nari was pointing.

Stepping closer to the cage he peered in and watched the orange tabby kitten's actions. He whistled softly and grinned. "Sneaky lil bugger ain't he?"

And clever. Daryl was really tempted to get the little fur ball but then recalled why he disliked cat's in the first place. Then again, not all cats were being raised by Riddler. Canting his head, he slowly nodded. "I think I might.... But I'm still a bit undecided."

Pouting when Nari said she thought pink and orange go together he made a face and shook his head. "Urgh. Clash of colors much? I don't think so."

Taking a lock of his pink hair in his hand he nearly went cross eyed staring at it then looked at his companion. "I don't normally have pink hair you know."
Back to top Go down
Miranda Rayne

Miranda Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:15 pm

"That he is. and not a clash. Sunset colors." she smirked.
When he said he didnt usually have pink hair she couldnt resist snorting in laughter,
"No really? And here I was think it was natural. Sure had me fooled." she commented sarcastically but grinning.
"You´re at hogwarts, right? What house are you? I´m going to be a first year." she asked curiously. She personally wanted in Gryffindor sooooo bad.
"Maybe you know my sisters. I've got one in almost every year." she shook her head.
The kitten looked up at Lyra and then, much to her amusement, stuck out his little tongue at them.
"I think he likes you Lyra." she chuckled smirking.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 2:34 am

"Sunset colors?" Daryl arched a brow and looked at the girl with amusement. When she replied about his hair though he stuck his tongue out at her and grinned back to show that he found it as funny as she did.

Pouting when she asked if he was still at Hogwarts, Daryl gave her a mock hurt look. "What? Don't I looked distinguished enough to be out of school?"

Laughing at that idea though he pretended to preen and polish his nails on his shirt. "I just so happen to be a Hufflepuff."

Giving Nari a half serious half mocking look he stated, "And don't be on about how 'Puffs are. As for your sisters..." Daryl canted his head. "Are they anything like you? If not, I doubt I'd recall them."

That was the honest truth. If they were run of the mill boring people, Daryl wouldn't look twice at them or even have them register in his mind except for potential pranking victims. Of course, everyone just about fell into that category for him. Especially when he had Riddler in tow for a prank.

"I think he does too." Grinning as the kitten stuck it's tongue out, Daryl decided he rather liked that kitten. Oh and he couldn't wait until others saw the furball and how it seemed to stick it's tongue out at people just as Daryl did.

"And what house are you aiming for Nari?"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Rayne

Miranda Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:49 am

"Well I don't know about distinguished, but you look cool enough." she replied eyeing his hair suspiciously.
"And my sisters are nothing like me. They're all...ew...Bea is a seventh year, Raven, Gwen and Alli are sixth years, Raven, the only time I see them is when they need air from playing tongue hockey with their boyfriends" she said the word as if it was a disease, "And Jor is a puff too. She is a fifth year I think. She's the stupid one that always fights, you've probably seen her and her girlfriend fighting in the halls, i think everyone has." she rolled her eyes.
Her sisters were dull in her eyes, not adventurous at all.
"I want to be a Gryffindor." the mischievous spark in her eyes gave away how badly she wanted to be a Lion.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 pm

Daryl blinked at the many sisters the girl had. And they were all 'claws too. Except one. Shaking his head Daryl stated, "Can't say that I do know them. I don't associate much w others outside my group."

His group of course being people like Riddler and that Sirius kid. Nari seemed like she'd get along famously w him. "Gryffindor huh? Meh, I'm glad I'm not one."

Grinning he couldn't help but add, "Did you know lions are one of the laziest animals there are? They sleep mostly only getting up to eat."

Actually, that sounded a bit like his Uncle Nick. Except Nick would starve if he had to actually hunt down his food.

"Courage is overrated in my opinion."

Smiling at the little furball in the cage, Daryl opened it and gently took hold of the kitten. It tried to fight and while he was trying to pull the kitten out, another saw its chance at freedom and tried to bail.

Eyes wide Daryl swore and shouted, "Nari!"
Back to top Go down
Miranda Rayne

Miranda Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 am

"do you know lionesses are somewhat leaders for hunt?" she countered chuckling,
"my sisters always say I'm too reckless, too fierce. Pfft, no risk means no fun. And what's the point then?" she nodded satisfied with her thought.
"though I can be lazy I guess..." she admitted sheepishly.
Then the orange fluffball tried to escape and Nari reacted quickly ,"Joe get" she said firmly.
Joe, stupid as he was; 'get' was something he could do, then grabbed the kitten by the scruff of it's neck gently with his mouth and held up his prize proudly.
The kitten looked irritated with the current situation.
Even more so when a large drop of drool slid over the kittens forehead.
"goodgrief Joe..take it easy on the waterworks" she shook her head picking ip the kitten and gently wiping the drool off with her sleeve.
Now the cheeky bugger looked like he had a Mohawk.
"well...I think we have two very..special pets..." Miranda grinned.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:40 am

Yes, Daryl knew that the lioness were the actual hunters. Especially since there were rarely any other males aside from the Alpha male in the pride. The males were tended to be run off.

Worried at fist when the mutt grabbed the kitten, Daryl was relieved to see the kitten was unharmed except now he looked even cuter with the little mohawk. Reaching out for the kitten Daryl grinned in agreement. "Well those are the best kind to have aren't they? At least it shows they have personality."

And that little episode clinched it for the Hufflepuff. He was going to buy the kitten. Daryl was sure they'd get along well. Especially after he laid down a couple ground rules with the kitten. It was needed for all pets.

"I wonder what Riddler will make of the little guy. Wait..." Daryl turned the kitten over to check and see if it was actually a male or female kitten. It didn't like being turned around this way and that and once again tried to swipe at the hand holding it.

"Oy, none of that," Daryl admonished and flicked the kitten's ear. It flattened its ears as it glared at him. "I'd threaten to use you as shark bait next time Uncle Nick goes out, but I don't you'd be even a snack for them."

Snickering, Daryl realized that he just found the perfect name for it. "That's it then. Your name is Sharkbait."

Smiling at the hopeful Gryffindor Daryl nodded at her. "Thanks for helping me make up my mind Nari. I'll go pay for him now. And good luck with Gryffindor. I'll see you at the Sorting Feast if not on the train yeah?"

Smiling at his prize, Daryl walked toward the counter to pay for the kitten.

(OOC:Please put complete at the end of your post please and thanks Nari ^_^)
Back to top Go down
Miranda Rayne

Miranda Rayne

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Nari nodded and smiled when he decided to take the kitten.
'sharkbait' was perfect for Lyra, just like Joe was perfect for Mira.

"No problem, Thanks Lyra. See you there!" she waved as she and her dog left the shop feeling a) satisfied with making a friend and b) rather hungry.
Off to le Leaky!

OoC:
COMPLETE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I or shouldn't I?   Should I or shouldn't I? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I or shouldn't I?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dark Ages :: Diagon Alley :: Magical Menagerie-