The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

People Watching: A bench outside the bank

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:13 am

Daryl half expected Skyler to push him away or hex him or something. To say that he was shocked that she didn't was an understatement. Shutting his eyes he continued the kiss for a little longer. Pulling away, Daryl grinned at Skyler and laid back in her lap with a happy grin and shut his eyes. "Thanks, Riddler. You just helped me out whether you know it or not."
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:14 am

"Well....that was...different." Was all Skyler could really say. She blinked, wondering to herself what the hell just happened, and what she had just done. When Daryl said she had helped him, she was brought from her jumbled thoughts and stared at him blankly for a few moments, before raising an eyebrow and smacking his head lightly to get him to open his eyes, silently asking for an explanation. She didn't trust herself to speak at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:19 am

When he got smacked, Daryl pouted up at Skyler than saw the question in her eyes asking him to explain. He gave her a nervous and abashed look. He bit his lip then sighed. "Remember what I told you at the ball? That trade of embarrassing secrets? Well, there was a reason I did that."

Closing his eyes he wondered if he could trust his best friend with this. She did deserve an answer after he up and kissed her like that. But she didn't stop him or pull away. And he didn't think she would mind.

"Well, I wanted to see if..." Daryl squirmed a little uncomfortably. She was going to make him bloody say it, wasn't she? He shut his eyes and quickly said, "IwantedtoknowwhichsideIrootedfor."

He opened his eyes as he flushed and looked away from her.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:21 am

Skyler watched Daryl as his discomfort mounted, and because of it, her own comfort zone went out the window. She didn't have any clue what he would be telling her, and she didn't know what she wanted to hear or not hear. Partly she...No. She stopped her train of thought then and there at Daryl's words.

It took her a moment to get from her own halted thoughts to the words that came tumbling from his mouth. Skyler felt it was a good thing he chose that moment to look away, because she could feel her own face flushing, though she knew it was a completely different reason. Way to make a fool of yourself Riddle, she mentally lectured herself. Out loud, she said. "Oh."

What was she supposed to say? "Erm...Well then...glad I could help." Skyler didn't know what else to say really. She wouldn't ask him the results of this experiment, and she couldn't be mad at him for doing it. She could've pushed him away. She just didn't.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:24 am

Looking back up at her his eyes widened at her words and he gave her an awkward smile. "You're not mad at me are you?"

He really didn't want her to be mad at him. Well, he didn't want her to hate him either. Sitting up he turned and faced her, crossing his legs on the bench. "I don't want you to be mad, Riddler." Or hate me, he didn't vocalize.

Sighing he looked away again towards the crowds. Should he mention it? Or leave it be and let things just go back to normal? Did he just ruin everything? He hoped not. Looking at his hands holding his ankles he bit his lip again. He glanced up at her to judge her mood. "Would you be mad if I said I liked you?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 am

"No Fairy. I'm not mad." She shrugged slightly. "I mean, I don't don't care what..erm...side you play for or anything. And I suppose as long as it was helpful..." She trailed off, not really knowing what to make of his last question. What on earth was her Fairy saying? Skyler didn't allow herself to ...No. She cut herself off before she could start. She watched him for a few moments before replying, trying to gather her own thoughts beforehand.

"Why would I be mad Fairy? I mean, you kinda need to like me in order to by my friend and all. Unless...well unless you mean it the other way. But that's not it. It couldn't be. I mean, I wouldn't be mad, it's not like- erm...I'm just going to stop talking right now. Yup. Right about now seems like a good time." Skyler flushed and looked anywhere but at Daryl. Well, talk about putting your foot in your mouth. She always had to go and make things worse didn't she?
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:33 am

Daryl was very very confused. He watched Skyler's reactions and the more she talked the more confused he got. He got that she wasn't mad at him and she was okay if he were a fairy. Looking down at his crossed legs again when Skyler had talked about him liking her as a friend. He couldn't help the small chuckle that came out at her ending sentence. Looking up he shook his head a rueful grin on his face. "Riddler not know what to say? That's a first."

Looking back down at his shoes he sighed and laid back down with his head in Riddler's lap. Reaching up with one hand he flicked her hair. He had thought long and hard about his life over the summer. Well, actually if he was being honest with himself from the time he realized that he did not want to have a Muggle job and live in that world. And the closer he got to graduating Hogwarts and coming of age...

"I don't like you as a friend," Daryl softly said holding a piece of her hair between his fingers. He frowned. "I mean I do, but I like you more than that."

His eyes traveled up to look her in the eyes. "What do you say to that?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:38 am

Well, there it was. Skyler closed her eyes for a brief moment, needing a second to...well she didn't know exactly what she needed to do, but atleast it was something. How ironic it all was to her. And surreal. She had left year, and now here she was after fighting to get back, and everything had changed on her. One thing that never changed though was Daryl. Skyler may be able to imagine her life without some, but Daryl was one of the few people she could never do without. She let her fingers slide through Daryl's hair absently as she collected her thoughts.

Skyler felt now was a good time to try regain a bit of herself back. "Yea well, I'm sure not even you would've known what to say had I sprung that on you. Although, there had been times..." She trailed off, looking down at him. Skyler couldn't deny that she had felt more for Daryl then just friends, but she had never regretted just being his best friend. And now, well..now everything was coming at her one after the other. She chuckled a bit. "You sure have got timing Fairy. I'll say that for you." She teased a bit.

Skyler sighed but offered Daryl a smile. "Just one question. When did this happen? I mean," Skyler rolled her eyes but pushed the words out of her mouth, "sure, I've thought about it before, but I never ...seriously considered it. So why now?" She questioned him curiously.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:42 am

Not able to stop the smirk when she admitted that she'd thought about it before Daryl grinned. So he hadn't been the only one! Thinking on her question though, he thought back and got uncomfortable again. "Weeeeeell," he drawled. "I uh, remember when I confronted you after Charms class?"

He waited for her nod and continued. "I wanted to know why I felt so overprotective of you, and even though I'm protective of my friends....it was more. And then you were with someone, then not. Like you said the timing was never right."

Looking away Daryl also admitted, "I thought alot. Especially since you left. I didn't like that. I also want to join the Order."

He shrugged then grinned his impish smile. "And I had to find out if I really was a fairy."
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Rolling her eyes at the smirk he adopted, she watched as it transformed into a grin. She gave his hair a tug, not enough to hurt, but just enough to get her point across. Skyler stuck her tongue out at him and gave her own grin, but couldn't stop the light laughter that slipped out. "You really thought you were a fairy didn't you? Not that there's anything wrong with it. It's just funny because I wondered after that day in Hogsmeade last year. I don't think I've ever seen anyone choke on their drink as much as you did that day." Skyler gave him a cheeky grin. "Well next time you decide to use me as your lab rat, a little forewarning would be much appreciated."

Skyler couldn't help it. She snorted. "Confronted? More like cornered." In need to get her thoughts on something else she asked Daryl, "And what do you mean you want to join the Order?" She rolled her eyes as he opened his mouth and beat him to the punch. "Don't be a smart aleck. I get that you want to, I'm just having issues with understanding that decision."
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:37 am

Almost laughing when she tugged on his hair, Daryl grinned at her. When she asked why he wanted to join the Order though, he sighed and looked away. It was his decision, why couldn’t she just accept that? “It was something I feel like I have to do, alright?”

Not wanting to ruin such a good day with that, he shut his eyes just enjoying the feeling of Riddler’s fingers in his hair. Coming up with his distraction plan, he smiled wider still with his eyes shut as he went through it in his mind. If he could pull it off, it would get her mind off things and hopefully be entertaining as well.

Opening his eyes he looked briefly up at Skyler then pulling his wand and pointing it strait up he muttered the spells. Out shot a fairy well, it was more a light made to look like a fairy, as well as a…question mark?! That hadn’t been what he’d planned. Shaking his head as the two spectral of lights began to circle and dance. Okay, he would definitely have to work some more on his Charms.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 am

A bit taken aback by his response, she blinked. Well, she supposed he had a point. He could've stayed out of it completely. Being her, Skyler liked that idea a whole lot more, but the boy was as stubborn as they came. If he'd made up his mind, then he'd made up his mind, and no amount of her telling him otherwise would change it. She couldn't help but feel there was more to it than what he chose to say, but she couldn't force him to tell.

She didn't have long to ponder it though, seeing as Daryl had other plans in mind. She eyed him warily when he pulled his wand, wondering if maybe she should be worried. Until he had...well...the only was Skyler could describe them was lights...coming out of his wand. But they weren't just lights, they were like figures made from light. It was as good as she could put it.

She smiled when she realized the first was a fairy, and snorted in humor when the second proved to be a question mark. "Well there's something you don't see every day." She remarked as her eyes followed the dancing figures.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 am

Of course it wasn’t something you saw everyday! Daryl prided himself on being original and being unpredictable. Besides, this was just something that was just him, that he was surprised people didn’t realize he was sort of predictable. Trying to get the spell right, more fairies and question marks joined the first ones. Growling in frustration, he wondered what exactly he was doing wrong and just gave up.

“I give up…for now.” Looking up he gave Skyler a half grin and a shrug. Closing his eyes again he sat up and turned to look at the girl. “What do you have planned for the rest of the day?”
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:54 am

Skyler could only watch in growing amusement as Daryl tried again and again to get whatever he wanted to happen, happen. Apparently something was wrong with the way it was turning out each time, considering he continued to try and his growing frustration showed with each time. At the sound of his growl, she gave a small shudder almost unconciously, and upon realizing that she had, she determinedly fought back the slight urge to blush. She didn't know what to think of that, nor did she feel very inclined to want to inspect it any further.

Returning her full attention to the lights, Skyler didn't really see what was so wrong with the figures of light. They were pretty if she were being honest. Not that she would ever in a million years let that slip. She was all for praising his amazing and pretty much unparalleled charms work of course. But she knew she would likely never live down calling something 'pretty' in the presence of the Puff.

Which basically left her to hold back the amused laughter threatening to bubble out of her as she watched the dancing fairies and question marks of light and her friends' growing frustration. She couldn't help it. Daryl looked like an angry kitten. So much for sexy cat She thought almost absently, remembering his comment from earlier. And that one stray thought was her undoing. She burst into laughter.

Spotting the half-glare, half-pout the boy shot at her, she attempted to look innocent, but in the end just shot him a cheeky grin back. She did raise an eyebrow at his giving up comment, until he added on the for now. Giving up was definitely not a phrase in her Fairy's vocabulary. Skyler allowed her eyes to follow the remaining dancing light figures until they faded away before returning her gaze to her friend.

"I don't see what was so wrong with them. Except they had no color." She remarked, her own slight pout taking form. For all she knew, maybe that was what was wrong with them. She had just opened her mouth to reply to his question, when a rather curious sight caught her eye. Skipping by was a little boy. He couldn't have been older than 6 or 7. But what had really caught Skyler's attention was the giant, color changing lolli in his hand.

Now Skyler could sometimes exaggerate, but this time she knew what she was seeing. She blinked, just to make sure, as the young boy continued on his way with his monstrous treat, skipping along without a care in the world. And she knew she had to have something similar. Watching, the purple eyed girl adopted a small frown, her brows furrowing together slightly. Without a word to her friend, she dug around in one of her bags until with a smal exclamation of "Aha!" she pulled out a normal sized lolli. Strawberry flavored. Her favorite.

Paying no attention to Daryl's look, which was the one that clearly questioned her sanity, she quickly and quite easily enlarged it to the giant size she admired after unwrapping it. She licked it, and frowned again. Quickly realizing what was missing, she charmed it to change colors as well. With her own twist of course. Hers changed colors in a exploding fireworks kind of way. And in bursts of various different colors. Minus any shade or form of pink. Daryl's hair was bad enough thank you very much.

Now happy with her sweet, she sat back contently with her new and improved lolli, wide grin on her face as she casually licked it like anyone would, and altogether forgetting the nearly brand new tongue piercing she had gotten only weeks before. Not looking at Daryl, too wrapped up in her own amazing creation, she finally responded. "Oh you know. A little mischief, a little mayhem. The usual." Glancing at him, she disregarded the amused look and cocked her head curiously. "Why? What are you doing?"

Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:43 am

Refusing to give into the urge to pout more when Skyler noted their lack of color, he crossed his arms and sighed. It was rather hard to get the colors the exact shade since the spell to make the lights and the charm for the colors were two separate things. He was still trying to combine them, but that wasn't what had had him frustrated.

Seeing something had caught Riddler's attention, Daryl took the opportunity to study the girl but quickly adopted a casual look when she faced him again. Curious about why she was now rooting around in her bags, he gave a small shake of his head when she brought out a lolli then proceeded to modify it.

Staring, Daryl didn't know whether to be amused or something else. Tearing his eyes away he canted his head asking her another question instead of answering hers. "Yes, that's what you do daily, Riddler. When did you get your tongue pierced?"

And would the professors allow it? It would be amusing to see the argument that was sure to take place.

Blue eyes trying to look anywhere but at the girl with the giant sucker, he let his gaze wander over the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:56 am

Skyler continued to happily enjoy her treat, entranced with the magical firework display she herself had created. She was a rather wicked spell caster herself, and prided herself on that fact. After all, had to learn something in school didn't you? And Skyler was the type of girl who found learning all she could about the magic she could perform rather than the who's who of the magical world. She could learn the latter easily just by sitting around the other girls for ten minutes anyways. And she could hardly be blamed for applying her magical education in new and creative ways now could she? That was her outlook on it anyways.

She blinked at Daryl's question, then caught up to what he was talking about. She did not, however, fail to notice he ignored her return question. She paused in her enjoyment of her treat to look sideways at him. And in doing so, she couldn't help but wonder just how the guy managed to look so good even with the pink hair. Briefly she recalled the day she had turned Pierce pink, hair and all. He was one of the best looking guys around, and even he hadn't been able to look as good as Daryl did with it. It made her wonder....

Fighting back the smirk that she knew would all too easily tell her friend she was up to something, Skyler focused on answering his question. "Oh! A few weeks ago. It was a spur of the moment type of thing. And I kinda like it." She shrugged lightly, watching him with what she hoped was an innocent enough look. "You know something Fairy? You pull off pink a hell of alot better than Pierce did when I turned him pink last year. I mean, he's a good looking guy, so you'd think he'd look good no matter what. But pink Pierce is not a hott Pierce Nor a very nice one either." She finished a bit sulkily, remembering the pink boy in question nearly giving her as a present to the whomping willow.

She added on slyly, "And don't think I didn't catch that you didn't answer my question Daryl Oliver. She shot him a look. "So what is it you'll be doing today that you either don't want me to know about or don't feel comfortable talking about, but that I'm going to con you into telling anyways?" She questioned him easily, with a slight worried look. She was past the point of trying to guess and figure Daryl out. At this point, he could be up to anything. 

Glancing at him, she licked her lolli absently, curious as to what he could be up to, and steadily growing more worried as her mind thought up all kinds of possibilities.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 am

That it was a spur of a moment thing didn't surprise Daryl all that much considering he was the same way. That and the fact that he'd witnessed his Riddler's 'spur of the moment' decisions. And he most certainly liked it too...

His thoughts about her new 'addition' was brought to a halt when she continued and then mentioned last year's Head Boy. Daryl had heard about it. From Skyler herself. Trying to shove down the stab of jealousy, a smirk pulled at his lips. Of course he had to bite down on the growl that wanted to escape. "Well, you do ask for trouble and come up with some very interesting and creative pranks there, Riddler."

Fighting the urge to look at the girl he continued to look at the crowd and nearly laughed as he caught a girl casting a sticking charm on a boy so he couldn't lift his feet. With so many people around there was no telling who had cast it. Or the following spell. The girl had made the cauldrons outside the shop avalanche and topple on the boy. Shaking his head, Daryl wondered what the boy could have possibly done to incur her wrath.

Catching a slightly worried tone that Skyler tried to hide, he finally looked at her curiously. He wondered where the worry came from until his blue eyes settled on her licking her damn lolli. All other thoughts including what he'd previously been thinking flew out of his mind as his eyes were drawn to her piercing. Digging his nails into the palm of his hands, he cleared his throat and tried to look away again, only to fail.

Licking his lips he found that his mouth was suddenly dry. Trying to look innocent he replied, "Uh, you know." He shrugged as she had done. "The usual. Getting into mischief and such.."

Actually, he had thought maybe he could talk her into dropping her stuff off and then maybe vising an amusement park. She had admitted that she would like them and he was eager to show her one. And of course it wouldn't be a date, but a friendly outing...
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:42 am

"I do not ask for trouble! Skyler responded, pout settling on her lips. "It just finds me." She told him with a nod of her head, and would have crossed her arms defiantly had she not had her lolli in her hand. "I'm like a magnet for it." She murmured, scuffing her foot on the ground slightly. 

Sighing softly, she looked back to Daryl and watched as his eyes fell to her treat. Or that's what she assumed anyways. "Oh!" She realized how rude she had been, not offering Fairy one when she knew he quite enjoyed the taste of strawberries. "I'm sorry Fairy. Would you like one?" She asked, indicating her own magical creation with an apologetic look on her face for not offering one sooner, and biting her lip. 

She watched him curiously as he licked his lips and cleared his throat, his look one of would-be innocence. She tilted her head slightly, arching a brow at him. "Uh huh." She replied, a grin tugging at the corners of her mouth. "Weeeell... You're causing mischief. And I'm causing mischief. How abouts we cause mischief together then? After all, it's been quite a while since we've done anything together. She suggested, but quickly backtracked as she realized he may have his own plans and want to keep them that way, and didn't want him to feel obligated. "But you don't have to. I mean, if you have plans or whatever, that's understandable. Just a suggestion is all." She trailed off, knowing she was putting her foot in her mouth again. 

In an attempt to keep herself from talking, she went to stick her lolli in her mouth, only to find it wouldn't fit thanks to her enlarging it. Can I ever do anything without making a fool of myself? She questioned herself internally, desperately avoiding her friends' eyes as she settled for licking the lolli. "Stupid lolli." She grumbled.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:50 am

Daryl continued to smirk at the girl, he tried to suppress the snort of amusement. Canting his head watching her he had to admit when she acted like that she looked cute. Of course he was sure that comment wouldn't go over too well with her. For some reason she seemed to be opposed to the usual comments guys would say to girls.

When offered a lolli from his Riddler, Daryl stared at her and was very tempted to tell her that it wasn't the treat that he had been staring at or wanted. And when she offered causing mischief together... The teen's mind came up with a lot of things they could get up to, to cause mayhem. However his mind was sidetracked once again as Skyler began licking her treat again.

Biting his lip, he tried to avert his eyes and pulled out the zippo he'd been playing with earlier. The repetitive sound of the cap opening and snapping closed help keep him focused. Smiling he nodded. "Causing mischief together sounds fun. After all we had been interrupted by Peirce last year on the train weren't we? Before we could pull a really great prank together."

Actually, Daryl thought that that was how all great pranksters came up with their best stunts. Doing them on the fly rather than planning them all out. Sure you could plan things, but you had to leave yourself some wriggle room. Propping his elbow on his knee, chin in hand, he smirked at his Riddler. "I was going to ask if you would like to visit that amusement park I mentioned."

Clicking the lighter in his free hand, his blue eyes watched her to see what she would say. Well, he tried to look her in the eyes, but his eyes kept wandering. Snapping the lighter's lid down on part of his finger, he was able to take his eyes off and looked around at the crowd again. "We can go on whichever day you prefer. That is if you want to go out with me."
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 am

Skyler narrowed her purple eyes at the boy's smirk, not at all liking his amusement at her tendency to find trouble around every corner, or the way it made her want to blush all of sudden. "Humpf."  Like he was any better at avoiding trouble. He got landed with her as a best friend didn't he? That thought seemed to make her feel better, and she grinned smugly at him. Even if he didn't know why she seemed smug all of a sudden, she did. 

When he just stared at her, she blinked, pausing mid-way through a lick, brows furrowing together curiously. She glanced around, not seeing anything too completely out of the ordinary, and then turned back to him, frowning slightly. "What?" She questioned him, watching as he pulled out a curious little...device?...and started playing with it. And just like that, her attention was averted. 

"Oohh!! What's that Fairy?! She asked, eyes swimming in curiousness and excitement. Skyler, being who she was, was probably best described as way too curious for her own good. And she loved muggle stuff.  Too excited to wait, she snatched it from him in order to take a look herself. "Hmm... Well this is a strange little thingymabob." She commented absently, holding it in front of her eyes and looking at it curiously. She flicked the cap open just as Daryl had done, shooting him a proud grin, happy she could do it too.

She half listened to him talk about causing mischief together.  "Yea, it sounds like tons of fun. And yea, Malfoy did interrupt last year. Ironically enough, he became the only person I singlehandedly pranked last year." She replied absently, glancing at her friend. 

"Seeing as you don't seem much like a toy kind of person really, I assume this does something? Oohh! What's this thingy?" She questioned, eyes on the little wheel like thing. And just as he protested, Skyler rolled it, and out shot a flame. Had half her thumb not been over it, she would have continued to stare at it in wonder and awe. 

However, her thumb was half over it, and so with a small "Ouch!", she dropped it and brought brought her hand to her chest. She shot the thing a halfhearted glare as it laid innicently on the ground before Daryl picked it up. Skyler had the decency to look ashamed, and gave him an apologetic look. "Sorry Fairy. I didn't break it did I?" She asked, slightly worried. 

When Daryl smirked and mentioned going to the amusement thing he described to her earlier, all otger thoughts flew out of her mind, and Skyler grinned widely. "Really Fairy?! Oohh!! Can we go pleeease?!?! Skyler was so excited, she launched herself at him and as she did so, in her excitement, she completely forgot about the lolli in her hand. Which flew out of her loose grip, to fly through the air and...

Skyler watched from her place on Daryl's lap, where she landed after tripping over her own feet in her self launch,  as her giant lolli flew through the air as if in slow motion and landed with a thud on an older witches head, and bounced off to fall to the ground. Where it shattered, to which Skyler pouted. However, the old witch's shriek of disapproval had Skyler reverting her attention from the shattered treat, and she shuddered lightly and flinched, glancing at Daryl who seemed half shocked, half ready to burst with laughter. Flinching at the old woman's glare, Skyler tried to look innocent and took Fairy's momentary lapse of notice to point at him as the culprit. 
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:12 am

Shaking his head at her exuberant behavior, Daryl couldn't help the smile that appeared as he watched her. That was one of the many reasons that he liked her and was happy with having her as a friend and just knowing her period. Skyler got excited over the littlest things. That coupled with her curiosity which was just as great as his... well, that was another reason they were friends and usually got themselves into and out of trouble.

Stifling a chuckle when she gave him a proud smile, the teen wondered if he should tell her what it was since it looked as if she'd never seen a lighter before. Keeping his comments to himself about not being a 'toy kind of person', he just gave the girl a nod.

Of course all thoughts flew out of his mind when his best friend was in his lap. When she had landed in his lap his arms automatically went around her waist without even thinking about it. Blinking he stared at her then at her lips when she pouted. Startling when he heard a shriek, he looked over just in time to see the woman with Skyler's treat in her hair. Biting his lip he tried not to laugh but it was very very hard not to.

Looking back to his Riddler to make a comment, he saw her trying to look innocent and pointing at him. Half smirking at her, he stated, "That won't fly, Riddler. I'm not the one with the candy stained tongue and lips."

Taking the hand that had the burnt finger, he looked at it concerned and stuck it in his mouth giving the girl a smile. "Your finger's not that badly burned. That's good." He kissed it, then smirked again. "So, when did you want to go on our date?"

There, he'd said the d word. He knew that he had tried to kid himself if he thought it was anything else. Daryl could try and see how his Riddler reacted and such. If it was a no go, he'd pretend it was nothing but an outing between friends. However, he had told her that he liked her as more than friends... So the ball was in her court.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 am

When Daryl's arms wrapped around her waist, Skyler didn't think twice about it. Fairy had always been affectionate with her, and so it wasn't anything new, or uncomfortable. On the contrary, it was a rather comfortable and safe feeling when he did. She couldn't help but lick her lips unconciously though when he mentioned her candy stained lips. "Damn. Forgot about the evidence." She looked at him and grinned. "Well... It was worth a try." 

The girl's purple eyes strayed back to the old witch, who walked past them shooting Skyler a death glare and muttering about disrespuctful little brats and some such. Skyler leaned into Daryl and away from the witch's glare unconciously, while shooting back a cheeky grin from the safety of her Fairy's arms. The old witch narrowed her eyes and paused in her stride, looking as if she were going to say something, but then continued on her way in a less than happy fashion. 

Skyler returned her attention to Fairy, who took her hand and examined her burnt finger with concern. "It's ok Fairy. It's nothing..." She trailed off as he slipped her finger into his mouth. Giving another small shudder, this time Skyler was fully aware of the effects her Fairy was now having on her, and though she managed to fight back the blush mostly, her cheeks tinged pink. She bit her lip, and nodded silently as he smiled and said it wasn't too bad. 

When he smirked, Skyler fought back another blush, continuing to fight it back as he went on to ask her when she wanted to go on their 'date'. She knew she couldn't pretend the dynamics in their relationship were changing anymore, and she half wanted to curse him for making her want blush like the girl she was, but she also half wanted to kiss the lips that were now smirking at her. That was the problem with his smirk now. Now that she realized just how much she liked Fairy, his smirk was dangerous. Not in the fearful kind of way. More in the makes you want to do things kind of way. Like blush. And Skyler had always prided herself on NOT being one of those blushing types. Well... She had to give Daryl his points. He had always been the one to get a reaction out of her. 

And now the full weight of her exact predicament caught up to her. She was in his lap, his arms wrapped around her waist, and he was smirking and asking her on a date while she desperately attempted to not act like a girl. Well.. Atleast not like the typical girl. C'mon Riddle. Get a grip She thought silently, all the while biting her lip. And that's when it clicked. 

Daryl liked her because of who she was. So what would she do in any other situation or at any other time? She definitely wouldn't let him one up her, that was for sure. Finding her old confidence, Skyler smirked back at him, purple eyes dancing. She decided it waz worthless trying to fight the blush complety, but as long as she wasn't sitting there looking like a tomato, she was happy. It wasn't that she were embarrassed. It was more the fact that he wanted to go on a date with her had her feeling suddenly shy and had flutterflies in her stomach.

It was no secret just how dreamy Fairy was to the girls at school. Being his best friend and a girl, she heard it quite alot. So Skyler felt extremely lucky and honored now, to be graced with being his best friend and to be asked on a date. Though she had a strange feeling she'd be jealous of anyone else her Fairy might've liked, if not herself. "Oh well I don't know." She said, putting on an air of mock thoughtfullness. "I have to see where I can fit you in between all my other dates." She replied playfully, smirking. She of course didn't have any other dates, but she couldn't help playing with her Fairy. It was a natural reaction. 
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:05 am

Fighting back the urge to say something like how adorable she was when she blushed, Daryl watched as the girl's face tinged pink and steadily got worse. At least he now knew he did have some kind of effect on the girl. He had begun to dispare and think that he may get stuck in that friend category and never able to leave it.

He had given her subtle hints when he had begun to first realize he'd liked her. Like when they were all on that picnic and he stole her sandwich she'd been eating rather than getting one for himself. Then again, he had done stuff like that when they were just friends as well...

Okay maybe that hadn't been so subtle then or a clue at all. And his asking her to the dance... Well, they had agreed to go as friends because they didn't want to go with anyone else and thought that it was lame anyway. They wanted to go only to provide entertainment. Entertainment that entailed them causing mischief and mayhem of course.

Since he was always watching her, jeez that so didn't just make him seem like a stalker, he could tell when she'd made up her mind. Seeing her come back to herself, he couldn't help his knowing grin. Of course her reply threw him for a moment and he found himself glaring at nothing in particular before smirking back.

Daryl would play this game with her. It was always fun teasing the girl and he always couldn't wait to see what she came up with to get him back. Arching a brow he smirked again. "Oh really, Riddler? Well then if you can't clear up your schedule I guess I should fill mine up. You know I'm not good with idleness. So I suppose I should make dates with other people to fill in the boredom until you're available?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 am

Skyler smirked triumphantly when Fairy glared, her comment seeming to hit it's mark. And who was she to deny herself the chance to tease him on it? It was her right after all. As his Riddler. Atleast, that's how she reasoned it. Worked well enough for her. "What's with the glare Fairy? You're not jealous are you?" She questioned, putting on an innocent look, purple eyes gleaming.

But like always, he turned the tables. Or tried to anyways. Biting back the small growl of protest that threatened to break loose, she only continued to smirk at him, refraining from rising to the bait. "You can go on as many dates as you'd like Fairy. But a hundred of them couldn't add up to one with me." She replied confidently.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 pm

The thought of the girl on his lap being with anyone then him did make him jealous but he wasn't going to let her know that. Keeping the smirk on his face wasn't that hard since he knew if she felt anything towards him like he did her, she wouldn't be too keen on the idea of him being with anyone else either.

Riddler wouldn't be Riddler though if she didn't try and one up him. That was part of the fun and why he liked her. She was different. Grinning up at her at the beginning of her sentence he had a smart retort ready for her until the ending of her second sentence. She had him there because they both knew it was true. There was only one Riddler.

She had to be tricky all the time didn't she? Seeing her smirk her victory at him, caused his blue eyes to narrow as he tried to quickly find someway of changing it so he was on the top again. The only thing that came to his mind was, "So does that mean you won't be getting rid of that 'Fairy Property' tattoo?"

Well, he actually put fairy wings on her and that was his way of putting claimship on her, but she didn't need to know that. She'd discover it soon enough anyway. And that other thing....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

People Watching: A bench outside the bank
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next