The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

The air is cold

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Sirius strode ahead, leaving his little brother behind to catch up. If it hadn't been the constant nagging on his mother's behalf then he would never have accepted this; rather he would be making his own way down, possibly running into James again. It wasn't that he didn't care for his brother, but the fact that he was just another Pureblood sod seemed to overpower any other feeling Sirius had for his brother.

Reaching the familiar streets of Hogsmeade, the grey-eyed boy headed straight for the joke shop, eager to spend the few galleons he had juggling in his pocket. Pushing open the door, he slid through, before grinning in delight. However, he did turn to look back, just to be sure that his brother was still behind. Orion and Walburga wouldn't be too happy if he had come back with short of one person. And they wouldn't believe him either if he tried to say that it wasn't his fault. But most all, he cared and loved his small brother - a fact you would never find him admitting.
Back to top Go down
Regulus Arcturus Black

Regulus Arcturus Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Regulus strode a few steps behind his older brother, however he held himself up like a regal Pureblood should, unwilling to appear like a lost puppy. His parents had insisted that Sirius take him out today 'Probably wanting me to rub off on him, in a pathetic attempt to turn him into a 'proper Pureblood'.' The younger brother could already see that Sirius was annoyed at his current situation and although he didn't show it he was thankful to spend time with his brother before the other headed off to Hogwarts.

Regulus never got to spend any time with Sirius, not as of late and all the time that was spent together was in an awkward silence. His brother and him never had much similarities to speak of except in appearance and although Sirius thought he hated and looked down on him, in reality he would really always look up to his brother and respect him. Not many people were able to stand up for their own beliefs in such a prejudice environment, and as Regulus may be young he certainly wasn't blind, he knew the Black household was as prejudice as one could get.

Noticing where Sirius was headed, the youngest Black had to hold back a fond smile, 'Trust Sirius to head straight for Zonko's.' He thought before swiftly following the taller boy, this time a smile did touch his face as he saw the brilliant grin on his brother's face. He always loved seeing his family happy.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:57 am

How could two people who have lived their whole lives together be so different? It was a question that always amused Sirius, and the obvious reason was the relationship he had with his brother. He was sure that his mother had sent Regulus for a reason, he could bet on it. Probably to have their perfect son rub off onto their disappointment. But passing that thought away, Sirius made sure that Regulus did infact enter the shop; then with a grin glanced at all the different and new prototypes.

It didn't take much for Sirius to imagine all the havoc and chaos he'd cause at Hogwarts, he was sure that it was going to be an amazing year, especially if he had James with him. Picking up the dungbombs that were on display before him, he smiled to himself.
Back to top Go down
Regulus Arcturus Black

Regulus Arcturus Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:19 am

Regulus watched as Sirius made a beeline for the dungbombs and settled for examining the Frog Spawn soap, 'Had pranking not been too improper for Purebloods it would be an ingenious way of practicing stealth and exercising the mind to find ways of getting out of trouble. Or better yet to divert any blame directed to ones-self onto another.'

Regulus turned away from the merchandise and made his way back over to his brother, who was still looking at the dungbombs. An idea passed through his mind and decided to voice it "You know if you place a sticking charm you could attach the dungbomb to someone and release varied bursts of scent instead of having the dungbomb explode all at once. And a simple notice-me-not charm could do wonders in hiding the bomb's location. It would save you dungbombs and money."

He hoped that Sirius would be too enthralled with his suggestion to notice that it was him that said it. Handing out pranking suggestions to his brother was definitely something Regulus didn't want anyone to know, especially not his parents.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 2:45 pm

Sirius adored dungbombs, everyone knew that in his household. From Kreacher to the portraits on the walls of the place. There was just something about them; even the way they looked, which kind of had a 'back-off' feeling. He was sure that Regulus knew that too, that was why he could hear him saying the next few words;

"You know if you place a sticking charm you could attach the dungbomb to someone and release varied bursts of scent instead of having the dungbomb explode all at once. And a simple notice-me-not charm could do wonders in hiding the bomb's location. It would save you dungbombs and money."

If it hadn't one, been for the voice, and two, for the tone; Sirius would never have known who it was. But he did, and he didn't like the idea of that. That tone of his brother angered him, who had gotten it from the family, and he despised it. Though the idea wasn't half-bad, something Sirius was finding hard to believe.

"Thankyou," he said tightlipped, "But I don't remember asking for any advice".
Back to top Go down
Regulus Arcturus Black

Regulus Arcturus Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Regulus willed himself not to flinch at the tone Sirius used and the way he snapped at him, setting a blank expression on his features and controlling his emotions, the younger of the two appeared not to care for Sirius' comment. He stared at his brother for a few more seconds before giving a sharp nod and walking away, finding his way deeper into the store and farther away from Sirius.

'It's okay, he's just mad, you know how he is. Anyway it's not like you expected anything different.' Regulus released a sigh when Sirius was out of earshot and opted to browsing the merchandise once more, suddenly finding his mood sour and his day ruined all Regulus wanted to do now was go back to the mansion, lock himself in the library and bury himself in the books. 'At least books don't hurt you...'

Shaking those depressing thoughts from his mind Regulus went back to what he was doing, he expression once again completely blank.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:51 pm

Perhaps he shouldn't have been so harsh on Regulus, after all the boy was younger then him. But the boy reminded Sirius of his bedeviling mother. Sighing softly, the boy went back to what he had been doing before, and smiled at the dungbombs. Maybe he should go and apologize but his ego was too big for it.

Shaking his head, he tried to put other matters on his mind, but failed miserably. Instead Sirius glanced about the store for his brother, finally finding the boy and heading for him. "Sometimes it's better to let down that facade of yours," he quirked simply at the younger.
Back to top Go down
Regulus Arcturus Black

Regulus Arcturus Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 pm

It took all of Regulus's will to prevent himself from jumping at the sound of Sirius's voice from behind him. Turning to face his older brother, Regulus allowed the words spoken to fully process before he stiffened in reaction and swallowed heavily. Keeping the blank mask on his features the youngest Black said with a slow, steady voice "Perhaps...but sometimes it's that same facade that protects you..."
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:56 am

Sirius shook his head, a slight glimmer of anger in his eyes. He was better then this; he was not going to turn into replicates of his parents, and would not allow Regulus either. "Right, but I don't think you need protecting from me, unless you don't trust me," he said softly, "You don't have to be the perfect son, you don't have to pretend infront of me, but why do you?"

Maybe this wasn't the best place to bring all of this up, but there was no better time. A time where the two boys were alone; far from the prying eyes of Walburga and Orion, and far from their ears.
Back to top Go down
Regulus Arcturus Black

Regulus Arcturus Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 am

Regulus silently cursed himself as soon as the words had left his mouth, hearing his brother's response he sighed mentally, 'It's not like I shouldn't have expected him to notice. However, he seemed to miss my implication...better keep it that way.' he thought just as Sirius continued.

Why he pretended? Of all the questions to ask. Sirius thought Regulus kept his facade on to protect himself, 'It is in his character to jump to conclusions,' He thought, but the one he was protecting wasn't himself, but Sirius. Sirius his older brother, the one who was stronger then him in so many ways that it was near pitiful. Sirius who had more hope, chance and will to escape their dark fate then Regulus ever had. It was no secret that the Black's were a family of dark wizards and witches, choosing to side with the Dark Lord. But Sirius wasn't like that, he went against their 'norms' and challenged their families views 'He does what I don't have the strength to do.'

The youngest Black couldn't save himself, but at least he could give his brother a rather hurtful, but completely in the best interest, shove in the right direction. If Regulus gave in to Sirius' pleas he would give his older brother a reason to stay within the family (and Regulus had no doubt that is older brother would stay). However, that course of action effectively drags Sirius back into the darkness. No Regulus wouldn't do that, Sirius belonged in the light, what with his goofy smiles, charming personality and positive outlook on life.

'Perhaps it was a mistake to approach him...' Regulus thought to himself, thinking back to a few minutes before. That's why, instead of saying what he was thinking Regulus responded harshly, his facade as cold as ice "And what gave you the idea that I was ever pretending? Not all of us want to be a dismal failure, brother."

'Uncalled for Regulus...but it's okay, I need him to hate me.' He thought continuing "Don't attempt to drag me down with you." with that he pushed past Sirius moving to get away, his mind made up and heart heavy.
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:13 pm

Sirius narrowed his eyes at his brother; anger prominent in them. Regulus was long gone, the boy who now stood before him was an image of his parents. "With that attitude, you're going to get yourself in the same state of our parents. Blithering fools the two of them, and you are walking right into their steps," he hissed venomously.

Catching hold of Regulus' shoulders, he shook the boy, "They are going to get you killed, oh brother of mine," he said, "You know what they are going to make you do, what they expect you to do. And you are willing flying into the trap". Was there any point to their conversation anymore? He did not know, but if he tried, maybe he could make the boy see way. He wished beyond anything that there was still hope.

"I'd rather be a failure for who I am, then for what I should be in the eyes of the Black honour".
Back to top Go down
Regulus Arcturus Black

Regulus Arcturus Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:37 am

Regulus made to ignore the words spoken by his brother before being jerked harshly by the shoulders, facing Sirius once more. Regulus swallowed but kept his mouth closed, not being able to answer to Sirius' truths (not that he needed to know that), appearing bored and uncaring the youngest of the two stared as Sirius spoke once more.

'Don't break, don't break, don't break...' was the continuous mantra resounding in Regulus' mind. Steeling himself Regulus managed a sneer in his brothers direction "The only one walking to that fate will be you brother if you don't smarten up and see how far you're pushing our parents. If you continue down this path their will come a time when you will end up at the bottom of the barrel and when that time comes, and it will come, our parents will not lend you their help."

Regulus hoped that Sirius understood that he was hinting his parents would do anything to achieve their goals and in their minds see Sirius as a lost cause not worth their time. He hoped Sirius would walk away more wary and knowledgeable of his actions with that information even if at this present moment it only sounded like he was threatening the other.

Swallowing again Regulus pushed on "Trap? Is that what you've deluded yourself into thinking and justifying your worthless actions by?" 'Run, run as far away as you can...then destroy the Black honor by proving the whole family wrong.'

Last edited by Regulus Arcturus Black on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:50 pm

The older Black couldn't help the sneer that escaped his lips. This was what happened to him in the presence of his so-called family. They made him venomous, just like the rest of them. Choosing to keep the sneer on his face; even though his insides screamed at him to be the better man; Sirius spoke calmly, "I'm glad that I have been successful in my ventures, who needs their helping hand anyway?"

"Unlike you brother, I can look out for myself, I do not depend on our parents," he spat out, "And if my award in the end is death, then I would count myself lucky".

Sirius nearly lost his control then, when the last of the words slipped away from Regulus' mouth. Bawling his hands up, he narrowed his eyes, "You better watch your mouth Regulus Arcturus Black. Don't make me disown you before I have the chance to disown our parents".
Back to top Go down
Regulus Arcturus Black

Regulus Arcturus Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 1:21 pm

He held down his smile at Sirius' response 'Always the one to be independent.' "I doubt you'll be able to find another to aid you diligently." 'Do not rely to heavily on others to do the job right' Regulus thought before he resisting the flinch that threatened to overcome his features as a result of his brothers second comment.

'Exactly why you need to get away as fast as you can,' instead said, his tone mocking "You say that like you have people besides our parents to depend on. As you are now you have no one," 'Make connections. Fast.'

'You're far too stubborn to die,' "You wouldn't be the only one counting themselves lucky, that's certain." He sneered once more a cold glint in his eyes. Hearing the last comment almost made his blood go cold and heart stop, refusing to make any outward reaction to the words Regulus steeled himself, he could do this, he needed to do this. Staring his brother straight in the eyes Regulus gave him an amused smirk "And what makes you think you'll be the one doing the disowning Sirius? As far as we're concerned you're just a dead weight."

'Harsh...'
Back to top Go down
Sirius Black
First Year
Sirius Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:12 pm

And that had done it, Sirius lost his temper, and his right hand had positioned itself for the abuse. But not before the image of a small baby flashed before him, and the hand slightly shook. Sirius' hand returned to it's rightful home, however the murderous look on the older boy's face did not diminish. "Watch that mouth of yours," he said sharply, "What would a worthless human being like you have become, be of any use to the world? Just words you are younger brother; you have no useful bone in that body of yours".

"Just a carving, with no voice," he spat out, "You will do great wonders, but are calling you're death early. Journey in that path our dear cousin, Bellatrix, has paved, and become the son I never could be or wanted to be. Become useless".
Back to top Go down
Regulus Arcturus Black

Regulus Arcturus Black

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:55 pm

Regulus didn't respond with anything other then a sneer, he could have kept this argument going however it had already fulfilled it's purpose, to continue now would be pointless and hurtful for the both of them. Having given his own 'answer' to Sirius's reaction Regulus turned away from his brother, seemingly not ever giving him the time of day and made his way to exit the store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The air is cold Empty
PostSubject: Re: The air is cold   The air is cold Empty

Back to top Go down

The air is cold
Page 1 of 1