The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

A Nice Cold Drink

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Norman Aquinas

Norman Aquinas

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:32 am

It had been a long time since I last stepped foot into this joint. After four years away from this country, things haven't changed much and yet I feel like a complete stranger in this land. Must have been the homesickness after losing contact with the signs of familiarity but honestly, I don't know if there is anything I'd miss from here.

Hogwarts? Yes. It's the only school I know that has an awesome castle.

Professors? Depends on which ones that taught the classes I liked. I'll give 50/50.

Fellow Classmates? Probably although I left abruptly without saying goodbye so I doubt I'd be missed.

Hogsmeade? Definitely. Shops, taverns, and the sights more than worthy of memories.

As I walked up to the counter and bought a simple Butterbeer, I have to admit that it feels like yesterday when I used to be a simple kid from the castle, studying all sorts of subjects. Heading to a table near the windows, I simply decided to just kill some time and observe for anything of interest. Maybe I can find out what went on while I was away.
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:16 pm

Narcissa felt suffocated at home. Literally.
Her Mother had been almost chasing her with a corset so Narcissa had hastily stepped into the floo and landed in a room the Broomsticks.
Brushing her blonde curls out of her face she smoothed her robes before biting her lip.
If someone saw her here they might tell her mother...
So she made yet another hasty decision, she snuck into a shop, bought muggle clothes and put them on, hiding her robes in her room.
So with her hair back in a ponytail Narcissa looked at herself.
a jeans vest, white blouse and blue jeans. Simple yet did the trick.
She walked into th pub and ordered a butterbeer.
Then she looked for a free table.
Spotting a seat she walked up to the guy sitting there.
" mind if I join you? I'm Cissy." she introduced, leaving her full name out of it.
People treated her different when they knew she was a Black. And while she liked it, now it would be hindering.
Back to top Go down
Norman Aquinas

Norman Aquinas

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 pm

I guess the talk about Grindelwald was the only subject that stole the spotlight and frankly, I feel that there are quite a few facts that need to be faced the hard way. At the same time, I was also hoping that I didn't pick a bad time to visit England.

I heard someone ask a question and introduced herself as Cissy before looking up to see such an eye-catching young woman with blond hair. Damn, she was hot! But alas, the memories of the many failed dating experiences with the alluring blonds in the Western hemisphere acted as a stonewall inhibitor, something that I was thankful for as looking like a drooling idiot that had been struck by Cupid's arrow was a humiliating image in my mind.

"Please help yourself." I answered. "Nice to meet you. The name's Norman."
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:34 pm

"Norman, pleasure." she replied sitting next to him and ordering a firewhisky.
She was a Black, they kept their cool at all times, and getting drunk wasnt even possible.
At least...Very unlikely.
"So, what brings you here?" she asked taking a sip of her drink and smiling at the burning sensation.
He was attractive but, she wasnt easily flustered.
Not in public anyway.
Back to top Go down
Norman Aquinas

Norman Aquinas

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:29 am

"I could ask you the same question." I answered softly before obliging to Cissy's request. "As for me, I'm just passing through in route to the town of Inverurie where my godmother lives. I thought I might drop by here for a drink and then buy a few gifts for her from Honeydukes before continuing on."

In addition to that, I was also was visiting Hogsmeade but it would've sounded lame if I mentioned about taking a stroll down memory lane. So far, it seemed like things here remained the same but what else could I expect from magical Britain as a whole. Still, it was pleasant to walk through the village again.
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:02 pm

"how sweet." Cissy smiled slightly, "Your godmother is very lucky to have such an attentivegodson." she nodded before taking another sip.

"and you could ask me that, though I probably won't answer. Do you like quidditch?" she smiled smoothly changing subject.
She enjoyed watching quidditch but her parents thought it wouldn't be proper to play it. So she just flew in secret sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Norman Aquinas

Norman Aquinas

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 7:15 am

More like a flattering godson that is only looking to show appreciation. Marika was getting on in her years but no matter what, her sweet tooth was as youthful as ever. Cissy's casual evasion of the question didn't surprise me since women tend to be secretive.

When Cissy brought up the mention of Quidditch, I answered. "I used to like Quidditch but I guess sports are sometimes like trends, which eventually become stale that people move on to the next best thing they find. Still, the thrill of flying, whether it's on a broomstick or a flying carpet, is enjoyable to say the least and one that never gets boring."

After one year as a Beater for the Hufflepuff team, that was all I could really sum up my viewpoint regarding Quidditch. I didn't want to stay on a topic that I know I couldn't really talk much about so I decided to switch gears and direct things elsewhere. Cissy looked younger than me, which led me to ask a question of my own. "Are you still in school?"
Back to top Go down
Narcissa Black
Sixth Year
Narcissa Black

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 11:30 am

Narcissa nodded, "I wish I flew, but I haven't the time." she replied wistfully. She did fly secretly but rarely.
"my family is an avid Arrows supporter, it can get quite irritating." she chuckled remembering her family's quidditch team.
She rather enjoyed the players though...
Then he asked if she was still in school and she shrugged,
"perhaps, you should never ask a woman her age Norman." she chuckled before nodding, "mhm but yes, I am. I guess you are not as u haven't seen you there."
Back to top Go down
Norman Aquinas

Norman Aquinas

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:43 pm

I grinned a bit at Cissy's answer. I guess even a question like that sounds loaded enough and asking for her grade year wouldn't sound appropriate.

"But of course, although I certainly have no intentions of delving deeply into... personally sensitive matters." I answered before continuing when I heard her remark. "I used to attend Hogwarts but I transferred to the Americas before what would have been my sixth year due to unforeseen circumstances. I completed school there and graduated two years ago."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Nice Cold Drink Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Nice Cold Drink   A Nice Cold Drink Empty

Back to top Go down

A Nice Cold Drink
Page 1 of 1