The Dark Ages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join Dumbledore in his plight to save the world, both the Muggle world and the Wizarding world from the clutches of Tom Marvolo Riddle and Gellert Grindelwald.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome and thank you to all those that just newly registered. Just get the formalities done, and you are free to do as you wish. But please do remember to advertise and recruit.

People Watching: A bench outside the bank

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:53 am

One second she was smirking, and the next she let out a surprised squeal as he grabbed her. Before she knew it, she was trapped in his lap. She squirmed and tried to wriggle her legs and self out of his hold, but the little bugger didn't let go. She huffed and crossed her arms. "Well this is hardly fair. But I still have your wand." She grinned at him over her shoulder. "I can turn your hair your favorite shade of bubblegum pink."
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:03 am

Daryl's grin grew when Riddler wriggled to get free but couldn't. He snickered but his eyes widened at her threat. Narrowing his eyes he hissed, "You wouldn't dare!"

She dared all right. The only warning he had was her smirk as she said the spell. Daryl didn't want to release his grip to find out if his hair was really pink or not. Setting his chin on Skyler's shoulder he wondered what he should do. An idea formed in his head and he wondered if the pros outweighed the cons.

Looking at his friend's face out of the corner of his eye his lips curled up into an impish grin. Getting up his nerve he kissed her on the cheek and let her go while his hand grabbed his wand out of her surprised hands. "Thanks for my wand back!"
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:13 am

To say she was surprised might've been an understatement, and in her moment of shock, he got his wand back. Which probably wasn't a good thing considering she had just changed his hair color. She quickly decided that she would beat him at his game. So she turned in his lap until she was sitting sideways, but as soon as she caught sight of his hair, she bursted with laughter. She reached out and ruffled his now bubblegum pink hair, grinning cheekily at his glare.

"Oh your very welcome Fairy. Anytime." She smirked deviantly before kissing him lightly on the nose, snatching his wand back and sliding from his lap in one fluid motion. She grinned triumphantly at his stunned look and took a few steps away casually. She wondered what to do now. She found him, turned his hair pink, and snatched his wand all in a days work. Suddenly, she remembered..."Hey! So where is this amusement park thing anyways? You never said." She tucked his wand behind her ear, and looked at him with eyes full of curiousity.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:16 am

Oi!" Daryl pouted. "I'm not telling you about anything until you give back my wand!"

His mind was working trying to think of a way to have her give his wand back. He'd need it to get her back. Of course he wasn't going to let her know that, or she might not give him his wand. Standing up casually he walked the few steps to her and grinned. She looked warily at him and he resisted the impulse to laugh. Eyes sparking with mischief he darted in real quick and gave her a chaste peck on the lips and snatched his wand back. Backing hastily away he stuck his tongue out at her in victory.

Copying Skyler he twirled his wand but then he muttered a quick charm and grinned like a cat that got the canary. He would dearly love to see her reaction when she realized what was now on her back. It wouldn't come off either. Unless you bathed in whiskey. He snickered eyes twinkling. Putting his wand in his pocket he arched a brow.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:47 am

She simply grinned at his pout and objections, but when he got up she knew better than to believe his casualness. She was proven right in the next moment when she suddenly found herself being pecked on the lips. She was so shocked she didn't even notice he had gotten his wand back until she noticed him twirling it in his fingers. She didn't like the looks of this.

She narrowed her eyes at him at his grin, and all out glared when he started snickering. She checked her arms and clothes and such, and pulled some of her hair before eyes, sighing in relief seeing it was still normal. But that relief only lasted a few moments because she knew he did something. "What. Did. You. Do. Fairy."

Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 6:24 am

Laughing at Skyler's reaction, checking her clothes and such, Daryl had tears in his eyes. Seeing that she realized that it didn't appear he did anything but knowing him that he had done something, he tried to put on an innocent look. "Why do you think I did anything, Riddler?"

Canting his head, Daryl tapped his chin with a finger as he thought. "You know, the summer isn't over yet. You still want to go to that amusement park?"

He knew of one that had the best rides! He grinned and looked over at Skyler. She would really enjoy herself, he thought. They could plan it for a day neither of them were shopping. He doubted that she would want to go today anyway.

Taking a lock of his hair, he stared at it and grinned. He wondered how long he could get away with pink hair before one of the professors made him get rid of it. Then again, he wasn't sure how long Riddler could stand seeing him with pink hair either. She would probably get sick of it before him
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:00 am

Glaring death at him as he laughed himself near to tears, Skyler franctically thought of all the things he could have done. She growled slightly in frustration. There was no way to know what he did without him saying. She pulled her own wand as she spoke. "Fairy if you don't tell me what you did right now, I'll put you in a pink tutu with matching tights before you blink." She threatened.

She temporarily was distracted when he mentioned the amusement park, and an excited grin took over her face at his question. "Yea I still wanna go! Duh." She replied cheerily, before his abnoxiously pink hair reminded her of what had happened. She narrowed her eyes once again. "Now. Tell me what you did, because I know you did something. Your innocent face couldn't fool a blind person."

Listening to him confess exactly what he had done as he tried to attempt to look sorry (and failed), Skyler honestly was caught between laughing and getting revenge. But when he told her exactly what her back now said, Skyler blinked. "You bloody marked me as Fairy property?! Ohhh you're in for it now!" And Skyler followed through with her threat. Waving her wand and with a couple of muttered incantations, Daryl now had on a pink tutu and tights. Skyler only smirked at his look of shock and horror, and reached into one of her bags and pulled out a camera.

Now this was priceless. "Say cheese!" She told him as she snapped a few pictures before he could recover from his shock and change his clothes back.

Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:11 am

"Crap," was all Daryl could think to say as he pouted. At least she gave him the male version of tights. Even if they were pink. Deciding to make the best out of a bad situation he let Riddler take her bloody picture. Then giving her a feral grin, he changed her clothes as well. At least her tights were a fashionable green and purple. Waving his wand he quickly changed his own tights to a more suitable gray and blue. Naturally he got rid of the tutu.

He bowed to Skyler arching a brow challengingly. "Would you like to prance about with me?"

Daryl was well aware of the stares that he had first got from his hair, then from the tutu. He found it quite funny actually. Most of those people didn't know what in the world he was wearing, but those from Muggle backgrounds at least knew. And some snickered while others hurried past. Straightening up he wondered what Skyler would say. Had her brief departure made it to where she wasn't quite so embarrassed about others' opinions?
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 am

"Awww! C'mon! Really? You couldn't just let me win for once and enjoy it could you?" Skyler pouted, looking down at the purple and green tights she was now wearing. It wasn't the first time she had been in tights, since she had been forced to take ballet when she was younger, but he didn't need to know that. Looking back to Daryl just in time to see him change the color of his own tights, she grinned cheekily. "Well atleast they match my shoes."

She raised an eyebrow at his bow and question, and shook her head, grinning at him bemusedly. And then, her own purple eyes were sparking with mischief as her grin turned into a devilish smirk, and she gave him a curtsy in return, accepting his little challenge. With her own twist of course. "Oh you have no idea what you just got yourself into. Hope you can keep up."

She casually stowed away the camera and stood up on the bench, clearing her throat before yelling out, "Ladies and Gentleman!! I give to you, the dance of the SugarPlum Fairy!" Skyler hopped down from the bench as several people stopped and stared, a small crowd forming. She forced back her laughter at the look on Daryl's face, and whispered to him. "Just follow my lead this time Fairy." Remembering when he had told her something along the same lines as that at last years' Christmas Ball, Skyler couldn't help but shoot him a superior smirk.

Skyler took a few steps away from him, and easily fell into the pose that began the dance. She glanced over at Daryl, unable to keep from laughing a bit at his determined to not do this look and shaking of his head. Grinning cunningly, she taunted. "Scared Fairy?"
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:25 am

Eyes goggling at the nerve of Riddler, Daryl wondered what exactly he had gotten himself into. He really hadn't expected her to jump up on the bench like that and actually yell to get people's attention. That was what he got for assuming he supposed. When Skyler hopped down and told him to follow her lead, he arched a brow. She didn't know how to waltz but she knew ballet?!

Taking a breath he wondered how he could get out of this. Until Skyler taunted him of course. Eyes narrowing before he gave her a smile he gave her a 'dream on' look. He wasn't really scared per se. He really didn't mind making a fool of himself, usually. Sticking his tongue out at her he tried to recall anything that could be helpful. His mum had always watched the Nutcracker every year, so maybe..... Awkwardly he imitated Skyler's pose and gave her an impish smile. He could do this.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 am

She shot him a cheeky grin, and gave him a 'you-asked-for-it' look, before facing forward. She closed her eyes to try to remember exactly how the dance went. It had been years since she had done ballet. Thank Merlin. She closed her eyes briefly, trying to think of the music and steps. She counted in her head, just as her teacher had done in ballet school, and began to move.

On the 8-and of the intro, pas couru (run in parallel en pointe)
on 1, land in effacé devant on fondu, small pose arms
on and, relevé and double battu front
on 2, return to effacé devant on fondu
on and, relevé and passé through cou-de-pied
on 3, fondu in effacé derrière, second arabesque arms
on and, pas de bourrée, stepping down on 4 in a pseudo-fourth croisé
on and and through 8, repeat to the left (pas couru, fondu effacé front, beat and return effacé, passé to effacé back, pas de bourrée)
On 8-and, pas jeté over

Glancing briefly at Daryl, Skyler had to really try to not laugh as he awkwardly tried to follow her in her movements. She actually felt kind of bad for doing this to him, but then thought about having to bathe in whiskey to get the mark of fairy property off her back, and she didn't feel so bad anymore. She lead him through the rest of the dance, which was a bit hard because she had to count. Normally, the music would've told her what came next and whatnot.

Skyler nearly broke down and cried seeing Daryl hop and skip and turn around in circles out of the corner of her eye, but she finished through the rest of the steps, in which some people watching them laughed and some clapped, and she bowed with a smirk before turning to Daryl. "Nice prancing there Fairy." And then she burst into laughter.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:51 am

Going through the moves jerkily, Daryl tried to stay in step. He had never claimed to be a dancer although, he could find the attraction to it. He blushed when it was over then grinned. That had been fun despite how embarrassing it was. He bowed to the crowd and laughed. He could always count on Riddler to turn the tables on him.

Sprawling on the bench still grinning he leaned his head back and closed his eyes. He didn't mind that he was still in the tights. That was the only drawback that he could see. These bloody tight tights. He didn't like tight clothes. They made him feel trapped almost. Loose clothes was much better.

"Well," he stated after a minute. "That was fun."

He had been ignoring Skyler's laughing fit. It was pretty hilarious, more so due to his pink hair, he was sure. Cracking an eye open and grinning at her he teased, "When you're through laughing yourself to death, I'll be sure to put that on your headstone. Death caused by pink haired prancing fairy!"
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 am

Skyler had nearly recovered from her first fit of laughter, but at his remark about what he would put on her headstone should she die from laughing, she started all over again. Doubled over and barely able to breath, tears in her eyes from laughing so hard and so much, she plopped down next to him. She desperately tried to get her laughter under control, and when she did she took out her wand and changed her clothes back. Tights were just annoying.

"You know, I have a feeling that will go down in history as my favorite dance of all time. And if you did put that on my headstone, I think you'd have some people hunting you down." She grinned happily, having more fun now then she ever had with anyone. She smiled innocently at him and asked, "Would you like me to change your clothes back Fairy?"
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:06 am

Daryl thought it would go down as his best song as well. It had been rather fun and entertaining. For both himself as well as the crowd. He had to stifle a snort of laughter at the mention of people hunting him down due to what would be on Skyler's tombstone. "What a way to go though, right?" he cheekily stated.

At the offer to return his clothes, Daryl eyed her suspiciously. Giving in, he nodded. He didn't like these clothes. He wondered how the superhero's and villains could go around in such tight clothes. Joker and Two Face had the right idea wearing suits!

"Yes, please."
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:35 am

"Well if I had to kick the bucket Fairy, that would definitely be one of my top 3 ways to go. And if anyone were to make me laugh to death, those honors would go to you for sure. With all the silly things you do." She told him assuredly, happy grin settling on her lips.

When he gave her the go ahead to change his clothes, albeit with a suspicious look, Skyler seriously considered putting him in an outrageous outfit. But she decided that she had had her fun, and so waved her wand and muttered, watching his clothes return to normal. She grinned brightly at him. "See? All better. Stupid tights. I never did like them."

She stowed her wand away, tucking it behind her ear, and slipped a hand into one of her bags. Coming up with some chocolate frogs, she handed one to Daryl before opening her own.
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 am

Having to laugh at Skyler saying he was the one allowed to kill her with laughter, Daryl shook his head and let it fall against the back of the bench, eyes closed. Slumping down he spread his arms across the back of the bench as well. He was glad to have his own clothes back and agreed with her about wearing constricting clothing. Opening his eyes he took a frog and bit into it, letting the piece of chocolate melt on his tongue.

"So you looked like you knew what you were doing. You took ballet? I thought that was a Muggle thing?"
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:58 am

Skyler shrugged and ate the chocolate in her mouth before replying. "When I was younger, my mother made me take dance classes. After the first couple of months, she trusted me to go on my own. So I signed up for a bunch of other dance genres without her knowing. It all seemed interesting at the time, and it was like a hobby I guess. Aside from the tights, pink, and glitter, ballet wasn't half bad."
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:01 am

Picturing a young Skyler going about in a ballet outfit was quite hilarious. Daryl nearly choked on his next bite of chocolate. Coughing he gave Skyler an apologetic look and he really was sorry, but it was just too funny. He thought of something equally to trade with her since she told him that. All he could come up with though was what he had already told her at the Christmas Ball last year.

"I dunno," he said instead grinning. "I think you'd look cute in pink with glitter."

Canting his head he asked, "So how long do you think I can get away with pink hair before the Profs tell me to change it back?"

He was rather getting fond of his pink hair actually.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:18 am

Skyler blinked at him. And then blinked again. She wasn't sure if he was being serious or not, a grinning Daryl could mean alot of things. But she couldn't for the life of her think of why he would actually believe she would look good in pink with glitter. She gave him a 'you're-so-odd' look, before shrugging and finally grinning back. "Well, I'm sure I could pull it off if I wanted, but me and pink, mixed with glitter, just don't mix in this lifetime Fairy. Thanks though...I think."
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:22 am

Confused for a moment, Daryl also shrugged. He had meant when she was a little kid, but whatever. Snorting in laughter he turned his head away as he chuckled. His eyes caught a man who appeared to be talking to himself. If that was going on in the Muggle world, Daryl would think the man was a schizo. Here though, he could be talking to a person under a Disillusionment Charm or even a person in an invisibility cloak. Or he could be schizo. Looking closer though he saw the man was actually appearing to be talking to his cat.

Shaking his head, Daryl refocused on Skyler. He wondered if he had done enough to her for one day. She gave him pink hair, so he gave her a temporary tattoo of Fairy Wings. Along with him joking writing his claim-ship on her. He grinned and thought it was a good idea he didn't tell her what else he had done.

"So, where exactly have you been Riddler?" His face actually grew serious for a brief second eyes searching hers before he went back to his usual smirk. "All my precious pranks I had planned to carry out with you...."

He sighed dramatically and grinned. "We have to do something this year you know. I want to go out in style."
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 am

Skyler turned her gaze to the various shoppers going around their business, and sighed slightly, before shrugging. "Been at Beauxbatons, to tell you the truth. And if there was were ever a place I didn't fit in, that would be it. "She wrinkled her nose in distaste, and grinned. "But oh was it fun getting kicked out." She gave him an apologetic look though at the mention of the pranks he had had planned. "I really am sorry you know. I had no idea until it was too late. Curtesy of my grandmother. But definitely. This year, we'll knock 'em dead. Hey! You should come over to my house tomorrow to do some planning."
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 am

"Hmmmm, you in a Beauxbaton uniform?" Daryl tired to picture and began to laugh. He just couldn't see her in that uniform at all! As for going to her house, "We'll see. About going to your house, I mean."

Canting his head he grinned just having to know. "You gotta tell me what all you did to get kicked out Riddler. If some of them aren't too offensive we could try pulling some of them off here."

He wasn't worried about her helping him this year. He already knew it was a given. They were partners in pranks after all. And somehow she seemed to not be as down as she was last year either. Like there had been a load lifted off her shoulders. Daryl was glad for that. He didn't like seeing her depressed. He hated seeing her try not to act depressed when she was even more.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:04 am

"Oh har har, very funny." She told him sarcastically, rolling her eyes. Like she didn't already know how ridiculous she looked in those uniforms. She shrugged at his response about her house. "No worries. Just thought it might be fun is all. You're not obligated or anything."

Skyler leaned back into the bench, and sent him a cunning smirk. "Oh I bet you do want to know Fairy." She stretched her legs out in front of her, and turned her head to him, returning his grin with one of her own. "First one was rather simple. I just disillusioned a bunch of doors and walls around the place, so everyone was walking right into them. Took them hours to get them all right again. Next I added some muggle laxitives to the professors' dinner, and curiously enough, students started to snog eachother, and other things,all over the place. Which was odd considering Beauxbatons is mostly girls. Did you know that if you make a Love potion wrong, it can actually be more like a lust potion?" She pretended to look as if she had had no clue. "Yea. Apparently, it can happen. I'm pretty sure I was living every boy's dream, but the Headmistress wasn't too happy.

Anyways, the real kicker was when very entertaining pictures of the Headmistress were found stuck all over every wall in the palace with a permanent sticking charm. Some were enlarged to life sized. They were still working on how to get them all down when I left. In between those, there was the mass amount of bubbles that wouldn't pop cascading down the staircases. Oddly enough, whenever they tried to clear them, they only seemed to multiply. Place was bubblelicious."
Back to top Go down
Daryl Oliver
Sixth Year
Daryl Oliver

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:08 am

Daryl laughed and he steadily laughed harder as Skyler's pranks progressed. He had tear in his eyes by the time she was done. Doubled over his shoulder's were shaking with mirth. "Oh, jeez, Riddler," he said when he could speak.

"That's great. We gotta do something like that here." He looked at his best friend and cracked up laughing again. "This is why we make a killer team!"

Glancing over at Skyler he grinned. He turned himself sideways, propping his legs on the armrest of the bench and laying his head in the girl's lap. "You make a comfy pillow."

He closed his eyes for a moment then opened them looking up at the girl. Just for the hell of it and to see what would happen, he quickly sat up and kissed Skyler on the lips again. This time it wasn't so chaste.
Back to top Go down
Skyler Riddle
Sixth Year
Skyler Riddle

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:12 am

Skyler grinned as Daryl laughed himself silly, and started laughing herself when he cracked up all over again. When he laid his head in her lap she absently ran her fingers through his now pink hair, eyes wandering. Which was why she was shocked to find herself being kissed all of a sudden. Again. The only thing Skyler could really think at the moment was Since when can Daryl kiss?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People Watching: A bench outside the bank   People Watching: A bench outside the bank - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

People Watching: A bench outside the bank
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next